Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys quick question.
I have a 2004 X XE.
As you probably know directly under the radio and in front of the shifter there is this small space for storage.
I know many people put their CB radios there, but I don't have a CB and I was wondering if you guys had any creative ideas of making like a more useful storage compartment for that area.

I don't really find it useful because I end up throwing stuff in there and I have to dig around to find it again.

Thanks for the suggestions!
-Blue682X

·
Registered
382 Posts
came to post thats where my CB is.. but you got that covered.. you should buy a CB its super useful not just for off roading.. but great on road trips. or if you have another car fallowing you somewhere ill give them my hand held to keep in contact.

past that i guess you could ad gauges there like trans temp, oil pressure battery voltage, ect. or a switch panel for all those LED lights you need to buy.

or you could do what my wife does and find a tissue box that fits and stuff it in there so you always have tissue handy.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've been looking at that nook and the cigarette lighter next to it, and thinking about ripping out the lighter, cutting into the area and building a USB charging cluster and a 110V inverter into it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've been looking to add a few auxiliary lights to my X (spots on the brush guard, light bar on top). I plan on making a little plastic harness for the rocker switches, and that'll slide into that storage area. Pretty out of the way location, which is what I want, since I don't want to accidentally flip them on and ruin someone's eyesight on the highway.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts