Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2002 xterra, 3.3 4wd with "running lean bank 1" and "large leak detected" codes. It is also running with high idle of 1100 -1200 and if i let it sit in park will increase to 2500 rpm. I have checked first o2 sensor on bank 1, maf, tps, adjusted tps and still high idle.
could this be IAC, maf still bad? Checked for vaccum leaks and didn't find any. Would love some help.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the actually codes are p0171 and p0455. havent cleaned map. cleaned throttle body and also checked for vac leaks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
looked up how to check map, so going to do that. what else could it be if not map? was going to test maf again to ensure voltage ranges match with rpm's and test IAC? anyone have this issue and able to fix it?

·
Registered
127 Posts
First thing i'd check is your intake hose, ie... air cleaner to throttle body, sometimes cracks, sometimes is not on properly. Really need an OBDII tool to check map and maf and graph them to see whats goin on.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
last night i took off the throttle body and cleaned it, removed the plunger and spring loaded adjuster. I bent the adjuster, portion with screw, back to its original form and ensured correct placement of set screw on plunger. put it back together and tested, brought rpm's down to 1100, a noticeable improvement. This morning started truck after testing maf sensor, within voltage ranges, and rpm's are now to normal, about 750. Last night i took the throttle adjuster out of the way of the plunger because i noticed the plunger wasn't moving. Once i did that the rpm's were brought back to normal, so that lead me to clean and repair. I hope this fix does fix it as it seems i bought another guys project truck that wasn't done properly but quick with many steps missing in the middle. i also looked for leaks, even at intake and none detected.

Does anyone know where i can get a longer intake tube or extend it for the air lifter to the throttle body?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi proflie,
i did check the intake tube, even though it isn't on properly it doesn't cause any vaccum leaks. I am however looking for some way of extending it. do you know if there's a longer one sold, maybe from a different year or how i can extend the existing one? There was a body lift put on truck before i bought it and the intake hose is shorter than i like.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts