Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 192 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Come one, come all this is going to happen!

So far:

Drake
Xterror04
Bountyhunter101
Stevin (pending)
Roschili (pending)
drbandkgb (pending)

Does anyone have any type of comms like a FRS radios or CB? I have both and prefer CB but we can use FRS if necessary. We at least need the trail leader and tail gunner with comms.

Don't worry... I won't put you guys through anything like this :)

But I can't promise this won't happen ;)
[ame]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4238727509153562978&hl=en[/ame]

Stevin, if you are able to swing it, how about you bringing your hi-lift and I'll bring the straps and tools? My 60" hi-lift is such a PITA to bring and I haven't gotten around to building my roof mount and light bar yet.

·
Premium Member
10,890 Posts
I'll put in the request for that weekend since I know that is set for sure so we'll see what happens then.

Hahahaha, I love that video of you sliding, Drake....reminds me of that last CC run in December on my slicks....boy, that was a fun downhill sliding ride, I don't think my ex enjoyed that part very much...haha!

As for the hilift jack, its not a problem, I have it mounted on my loadwarrior at all times so that won't be an issue. Might need to spray it down with WD40 though.

As for comm, I'm gonna try to pick up an cheap CB since I am going to try to get someone to ride shotgun with me though...there's been couple of people that has taken interest in riding with me so we'll see.

I agree with Drake on the other thread, we'll just take it easy and have a good time, no extremes since most of our X's are our daily drivers....so its all good, it'll be fun!

Oh yeah, bring your rain gear....the rain seems to follow Drake to CC.....I'm certain of that...haha :mocking:

·
Premium Member
8,196 Posts
cool

ill likely wheeling that weekend at general sams, i expect pics gentlemen!

·
Registered
495 Posts
I'm in. ~3.5 hour drive for me so i'll probably find a hotel for the night before or after as I don't have any camping gear right now, was going to work on that this winter.

I just ordered my Hi-Lift w/ ORK (though no jack points yet :( AKA sliders) and fancy shmancy fourtreks tube mount along with a ARB snatch strap, plan to get a non stretchy strap and some shackles as well. I've got a pair of FRS/GMRS radios I can bring, or I can try and make a CB the next mod instead of the PML if thats the majority.

Thanks for spearheading this Drake, i'm glad there are people in this community that are patient with noobs/stockish vehicles and willing to help out and plan accordingly.

·
It was always fumbles
13,000 Posts
I'm in. ~3.5 hour drive for me so i'll probably find a hotel for the night before or after as I don't have any camping gear right now, was going to work on that this winter.

I just ordered my Hi-Lift w/ ORK (though no jack points yet :( AKA sliders) and fancy shmancy fourtreks tube mount along with a ARB snatch strap, plan to get a non stretchy strap and some shackles as well. I've got a pair of FRS/GMRS radios I can bring, or I can try and make a CB the next mod instead of the PML if thats the majority.

Thanks for spearheading this Drake, i'm glad there are people in this community that are patient with noobs/stockish vehicles and willing to help out and plan accordingly.
If you want to do some trail riding a CB is a must... But there should be enough people on this trip with one.. its more for a pack leader to keep every one abreast of the trail

·
Registered
495 Posts
thanks, I had planned to get one, but I tend to research a subject to death before I commit, and have only browsed CB stuff up to this point, but like I said I could probably make it happen if its highly recommended.

·
It was always fumbles
13,000 Posts
thanks, I had planned to get one, but I tend to research a subject to death before I commit, and have only browsed CB stuff up to this point, but like I said I could probably make it happen if its highly recommended.
The CB its self is the easy part... They all are about the same from what I can tell..... All only have 4 watts of power the antenna is where to spend the money... and even then 20$ will get you a Firestik
Ebay Cobra Ultra IV or the III My brother just bought one for 10$ in the box
Walmart sells the same one for 39$.. I think my 18' Cable ran me 15$ other than a mount (many out there) its a cheap mod
Mine is in this thread
http://www.clubxterra.org/forums/showthread.php?t=12494

1 - 20 of 192 Posts