Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just replaced the clutch hydraulic line (rubber hose that connect the steel line from the master cylinder to the operating cylinder). Removing the hose drained all of the fluid. After installing the new hose and refilling the reservoir the clutch pedal stays on the floor. I have to pull it up and then push back down, no resistance. If I open the bleeder valve and have someone depress the pedal fluid comes out. If I open the bleeder and work the operating cylinder same thing but the system never seems to pressurize. I'm at a total loss. Any ideas?, why am I not getting pressure? I've filled the reservoir twice now so fluid moves through the system. Picture is of the hose that was replaced.

2004 3.3L 4X4 126K.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,519 Posts
Yes the master cyl for clutch pedal, when they get old the o-rings get soft and try to expand but they cant because the pressure is holding them in place ,when you open the system for just a few minutes they expand and the first time you push the pedal the o-rings get pinched ,so i think that is the first thing i would do. Is there any fluid leak on the other end which is the slave cyl if there is i would get a new one also.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You're right. Replacing the master worked. I have the slave coming and for $13 I'm just going to replace it as well for insurance. There's no leaks from the slave but I'd rather not do this twice.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So now, a month later, the last two mornings the clutch pedal has been on the floor in the morning. It's not bottomed out but an inch or so above. If I pull it up it springs right back and is fine after that. I know I can still engage the clutch since I didn't notice right away when driving.

Any ideas? No evidence of leaks.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There are only a few ounces of fluid in that system. Not really sure where the air is going to come from. I bled it pretty thoroughly after the master cylinder change.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't think it's air. When I bleed the clutch after I close the slave valve and let of the clutch it stays on the floor. I'm starting to wonder if the master cylinder I got if NFG. There's no air coming out when I bleed the system.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't know what bench bleeding means. I bled the system per the tsm. Remember I did this a month ago and the problem started within the last 2 days.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts