Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELP! I just recently bought a 2004 Nissan Xterra, and I thought it was a great deal! Everything mechanically seemed fine, ran so quiet that I thought it shut off on me a few times, but it didn't. I haven't even put 1000 miles on it yet, and I have found some issues that don't see to be a big deal. I found out that my horn didn't work, then I discovered it was just disconnected. The following Morning, I discovered why it was disconnected. The car didn't have a keyless remote, so therefore, the alarm system that is installed couldn't be disabled, so it goes off everytime I would enter the car by unlocking with just the key. I have one ordered and it should be here soon! the second issue happened today. I pulled off the relay box cover to see if maybe I could just pull the relay for the alarm to disable it that way, but there was another issue lurking under the lid. Where it is supposed to have a clutch interlock relay, there was a wire making a connection just so it would start. without that connection made, it wouldn't start. eventually, I made the connection and it started, but the engine made a horrible noise and there was a smell like something was burning or melting. I went and bought a new relay, but it wont start with it in, and I tried to re-establish the connection I made earlier, and this time it wouldn't work. I love this xterra, and I know once I get past all these small issues, she will be a great running car! anyone have anything that I can try to make it start again?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.