Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The interior trim panel inside the rear hatch of my 2000 Xterra is coming loose. I've been pushing it back into place, but after closing the hatch a couple times the trim always comes loose again.

Does anyone have a part number for the little clips / pins that hold the trim panel in place?

I searched the forum but found discussions of just about every clip other than the ones that I need. :)

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
57 Posts
I don't have any part numbers... But, when I needed those plastic clips for the threshold in the cargo area, I took one clip into ace hardware and found one exactly like it for like .80 cent... I would try the same with those...

·
Registered
255 Posts
If you need a bunch of the same clip, take one out to measure and search ebay. You can usually get like 20 or 30 shipped for $3 from china.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just to close the loop on this.... I found the clips on Amazon. I paid more, but I got them in two days. :)

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0040CTVAE[/ame]

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
FYI NAPA has a book with all of the different auto clips, makes it easy to match up.

Also, I stopped trying to put in the same type of clips into the hatch area. Bought some from dealer and they just didn't work long term. Went with the normal push in kind and they work great.

·
Premium Member
8,519 Posts
FYI NAPA has a book with all of the different auto clips, makes it easy to match up.

Also, I stopped trying to put in the same type of clips into the hatch area. Bought some from dealer and they just didn't work long term. Went with the normal push in kind and they work great.[/QUOTE/
I agree the factory ones are cheep.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for coming back with that. Often threads just go endless for others seeking the same answer.
You're welcome. It drives me nuts to search for something and find lots of questions with no answers.

Or worse yet, threads that end with, "Never mind. I found the answer." With no hint as to what the answer might be. RAAAAAGE!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts