Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 Xterra stock everything underneath pertaining to drivetrain, suspension and everything. That's about to get a major overhaul. I acquired this trailer setup that is gonna be our Overlanding/Camping Utllity Trailer. It has a GM 1969 Chevy C10 12 Bolt differential that ranks second behind the Dana 60's. My question is will that rear axle swap over to the Xterra?
tt
ion is up

·
Administrator
2000 Xterra XE 4x4 3.3L AT
10,366 Posts
The H233B axle in your truck is actually very stout. Honestly I can’t recall seeing or hearing of a H233B that failed.

It has a 233mm (9.173”) ring gear compared to the C10’s 222.25mm (8.75”) ring gear. The H233B also has 33 spline axles where the C10 has 30 spline axles.

Anything will fit with enough fab work. It’s going to have to have some brackets for the shocks welded on in the correct locations and I assume the track width is wrong so that will have to be shortened and custom axles ordered. The question is why change it as it appears you would be downgrading?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The H233B axle in your truck is actually very stout. Honestly I can’t recall seeing or hearing of a H233B that failed.

It has a 233mm (9.173”) ring gear compared to the C10’s 222.25mm (8.75”) ring gear. The H233B also has 33 spline axles where the C10 has 30 spline axles.

Anything will fit with enough fab work. It’s going to have to have some brackets for the shocks welded on in the correct locations and I assume the track width is wrong so that will have to be shortened and custom axles ordered. The question is why change it as it appears you would be downgrading?
RACERXXL I definitely don't want to change anything that's gonna downgrade. I Seen where the 12 Bolt Chevy ranked 2nd to the Dana 60 and it sparked my interest to reach out for some details. Since it's a better rear end than the Chevy one under the trailer I will try and sale it or trade for an axle, shocks, and brakes for the trailer!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts