Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Nissan exterra 2wd
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody,
So few weeks ago i had to change my camshaft position sensor left with your help it saved me $300 Thank you!!!!!!

So check engine light came on again took to auto zone said it was O sensor but he tells me it has 3 O sensors which run about $100 each but didnt tell me which one it was how can i find out which on it is ?

2008 Nissan Exterra 2wd 6cy

Code read- P1151 lack of HO2S21 Switches - Sensor indicates lean

Any help would be appreciated Thank you
Raul Lopez
2008 X 149k

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have service manual for 2006- EC section ENGINE CONTROL SYSTEM there is no P1151 code (see attached). This is probably something new or the code is not correct.

Attachments

·
Registered
2008 Nissan exterra 2wd
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have service manual for 2006- EC section ENGINE CONTROL SYSTEM there is no P1151 code (see attached). This is probably something new or the code is not correct.
Thank you this is what autozone gave me . i will take get second opinion.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thank you this is what autozone gave me . i will take get second opinion.
P1151: This error code is a manufacturer-specific trouble code, meaning it does not apply to all vehicles makes. Rather, it applies exclusively to Ford vehicles.

Definitely something wrong. Read the code again and check the list of the codes I sent. On the right side of the table there is the reference to the Nissan documentation- give me that reference I will be able to lookup at the documentation and tell you what it is. Good luck!

·
Registered
27 Posts
By the way, OBD2 reader is not really expensive to buy- about 35-40 bucks for the simple one- shows you what "Check Engine" light means. Will help you a lot in a future a lot. I bought mine ~15 years ago and still use it when "Check Engine" pops up.

·
Registered
2008 Nissan exterra 2wd
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
By the way, OBD2 reader is not really expensive to buy- about 35-40 bucks for the simple one- shows you what "Check Engine" light means. Will help you a lot in a future a lot. I bought mine ~15 years ago and still use it when "Check Engine" pops up.
Thats good to know i am going to invest in one!!!

·
Registered
2001 Xterra 4WD Auto 3.3L V6
151 Posts
I have a BlueDriver for my other car and it can read all of the code families, B, C, P, and U. Make sure that whatever you get can do the same or you may end up with one that can read only the P codes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts