Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Nissan exterra 2wd
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello , went to auto zone to check engine light was on code said p0345 . guy was being a dick didn't tell me what it is . does any one know what it is . would be much appreciated 2008 Nissan Exterra 6cly 2wd

·
Registered
918 Posts
That is the code for a Camshaft position sensor. On the 2008 it should be a fairly simple sensor to replace on your own. It has a single electrical connector and a single bolt that holds it in place. This code is for the bank 2 sensor, which is the drivers/Left side sensor.

Here's a video that shows how to do it....

Your motor does have two sensors (one for each camshaft AKA left and right), but based on your code only the Left/Drivers side is bad. On Rock Auto they range from $14 each to $45 each with more expensive being the HITACHI sensor, which are the OEM sensor. Personally I'd put up the cash for the HITACHI as they are great quality and are definitely made to spec to work for your vehicle. Actual Nissan branded sensors will cost about $120, but they are identical in every way to the HITACHI branded sensors and may actually still be marked HITACHI.

·
Registered
2008 Nissan exterra 2wd
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is the code for a Camshaft position sensor. On the 2008 it should be a fairly simple sensor to replace on your own. It has a single electrical connector and a single bolt that holds it in place. This code is for the bank 2 sensor, which is the drivers/Left side sensor.

Here's a video that shows how to do it....

Your motor does have two sensors (one for each camshaft AKA left and right), but based on your code only the Left/Drivers side is bad. On Rock Auto they range from $14 each to $45 each with more expensive being the HITACHI sensor, which are the OEM sensor. Personally I'd put up the cash for the HITACHI as they are great quality and are definitely made to spec to work for your vehicle. Actual Nissan branded sensors will cost about $120, but they are identical in every way to the HITACHI branded sensors and may actually still be marked HITACHI.
Thank you Satito!!!!
I got

·
Registered
2008 Nissan exterra 2wd
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so check this out wife went I googled auto zone and priced the camshaft position sensor and was $13.95 , so sent my wife to get part for it she got the same guy and when she dropped my name for warranty and info on Exterra he must have remembered me sold her a duralast peice the same one I saw for $13.95 to her sold it for $78.95 and was wrong part . should I report this guy ? or was he having a bad day?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Dude is a D**K! He wouldn't tell you what the code was for, then proceedes to be the same way to your wife and charges you for the wrong part. Call the store first and talk to the manager and let him know.

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
so check this out wife went I googled auto zone and priced the camshaft position sensor and was $13.95 , so sent my wife to get part for it she got the same guy and when she dropped my name for warranty and info on Exterra he must have remembered me sold her a duralast peice the same one I saw for $13.95 to her sold it for $78.95 and was wrong part . should I report this guy ? or was he having a bad day?
dude that sucks, i worked for autozone 4 years in college they are a one of the best retailers to work for, they actualy treat people right and promote people who work hard, you got someone who doesnt wanna be there and has no work ethic, sorry about that man, the autozones in my area are awesome, but just a friendly word of advice on these trucks DO NOT use the autozone or any aftermark cam or crank position sensors as the magnetic probe it uses to do the actual sensing is smaller on aftermarkets and will cause the check engine light to come back shortly with same codes. cant tell you how many times i tolkd this to people who had nissans while i worked there, they would buy one from me anyway, then be back within a month returning it and asking where i recommend they get 1 that will fix it, nissan dealer is only place.

Reactions: Satito

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
and yes do as nfs021 said, call the number on your receipt ask for the store manager and explain what happened managers at autozone will usually take care of these things pretty quick, another one from when i worked there, one of the store managers i worked nder (worked at about 15 different stores as my district manager liked me and my work ethic so she would move me where they needed the most help to get the stores in shape and good service.) anyways one of them the store manager was a nice person and a good manager just had no idea how to find qualified candidates or interview people at all well he hired a crackhead who showed up 1st day 1 hour in asked to go on a smoke break, we cant find her 30 minutes later, finally find her on the side of the building smoking an 8 ball out of a glass pipe, that was an interesting day. i have many funny stories from working there, and many stories of helping people who felt they had no chance to fix something. If i had to get stuck in a retail job autozone would be where i would want to get stuck. hell 1 day dude returned 92 of something cannot recall what they were small peices that went internal engine and needed a ton of them, anyways it would normally print 1 return sticker for each item unless over say 10 then it would do 1 sticker and say multiple items, well this time the system didnt do that, it literally printed 92 indivual return slips for each item to stick on them it was something like 16 ft of paper it printed. that was hilarious watching that printer spit out slips for a good 10 minutes

Reactions: Satito

·
Registered
2008 Nissan exterra 2wd
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dude is a D**K! He wouldn't tell you what the code was for, then proceedes to be the same way to your wife and charges you for the wrong part. Call the store first and talk to the manager and let him know.
Heard that man!!!! was not cool!!! Honestly if it wasnt for this group i would have never known !!!!! THANK YOU CLUB EXTERRA .ORG FOR HELP ,ADVICE ,AND NEW FRIENDSHIPS THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!

Raul Lopez Jr.
2008 Exterra

1 - 8 of 8 Posts