Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm new to the forum but not to maintenance of old vehicles! I've got a couple of old BMWs for which parts cost infinitely more than my new-to-me 2000 Xterra 5 speed 4x4, so it's a nice change.

On to my question: Can anyone tell me the part numbers for drain/fill plug gaskets and/or washers? I typically would even replace the plugs themselves if you have part numbers for those, I was able to find the drain plulg part number on the front diff and transmission but beyond that, I'm at a loss.

I'm doing the following:

Brake fluid
Power steering (suction/return hoses leaking, replacing with bulk hose)
Engine oil
Transmission oil
Front diff oil
Transfer case
Rear diff oil
Fuel filter

I've spent a lot of time searching for this info and looking at parts diagrams on courtesyparts and nissan parts online, but can't find any solid information on what to order.

I also plan on doing the fuel filter, does Nissan typically use T-bolt hose clamps on fuel fittings or are they worm gear style? If the latter I will plan to purchase the t-bolt clamps.

One other question, I can't seem to find any info as to whether my 2000 has a separate reservoir for clutch fluid or if the clutch pulls from the brake fluid reservoir.

Thanks for the help!

·
Administrator
2000 Xterra XE 4x4 3.3L AT
10,028 Posts
Any hints on a different site to look perhaps with more detailed parts diagrams?
More detailed parts diagrams are going to be in the FSM but there will be no part numbers. All the online Nissan parts diagrams recently dumbed down all the images for some reason, silly if you ask me.

Check through the FSM for what you will need then go to a dealer and pick them up any decent dealer will stock them all.

FSM can be found here You will need sections EM, AX, MT, and TF. Most should be listed in the MA section but if memory serves me correctly you are looking for a oil pan drain plug crush washer and maybe one for the trans as the diffs and transfer have no gaskets/seals/crush washers on the drains or fills.

Check section CL for your clutch question .

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ah, didn't realize the FSM had diagrams as well, thanks!

I guess without part numbers, my best bet is to go to a local dealer with the FSM diagrams, although here in BC local prices are usually infinitely worse than online.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts