Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone I am new to the whole forum thing. But I need some help I reacently began the Doug Thorley headers install on my 1gen Xterra and also baught the CEL eliminators. I figured while I have it apart I'll ram out my remaining cats. Train of thought being I am tiered of that freaking light being on it can only help. Well I have no idea whether they go on the leading O2 sensor or the down stream O2 sensor or really if I needed them at all. please help

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
You don't need to do anything to your remaining cats - just install the CELs on the downstream O2 sensors. The upstream sensors are supposed to sniff bad emissions - it's the downstreams that are supposed to sniff clean exhaust, because of what your now non-existent cats are supposed to be doing.

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
That will turn your CEL off only if it was cat related of course. What are your codes?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
P0430, P0420 indicating a drop in cat efficiently on both sides I had a shop evaluate it they found a crack on both exhaust manifolds. They wanted $2800 to do the change job and that simply was not happening. When I pulled the manifolds off they were indeed cracked. Today I'll be welding up my exhaust and finishing the job.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts