Nissan XTerra Forum banner

Car just stopped, battery good, won't turn over

2K views 38 replies 11 participants last post by  green flash 
#1 ·
I am still at the side of the road with it, trying to get it home. But don't know what's up. Turned over for a half second, then nothing. I will check fuses. Starter?

#33 ·
Glad you figured this out! I bought a new crappy distributor and got that code and threw the old one back in and it started right up. So yes, cam position sensor is in the distributor, it’s an electrical/magnetic part so cheap replacements tend to not live up to the original hitachi or the duralast gold ones. Good job figuring out it was a couple of issues, but for anyone in a similar situation, if it ain’t even turning over then it’s got to do with the starter/power to the starter, if it’s turning over but not firing up, possibly just the distributor going bad.

#35 ·
Everything is fine w it, runs fast now, but I just went out and got on the gas,.. at a certain RPM there is a neat whining noise coming from seems like the left dash area. Bsshshhshshshsh. But high pitched noise. Not sure what that is..any ideas?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.