Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2003 natural aspirated 3.3
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am still at the side of the road with it, trying to get it home. But don't know what's up. Turned over for a half second, then nothing. I will check fuses. Starter?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm thinking right now, starter or ignition switch.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Battery is good, lights all work . I'm going to try to jump it anyways .

·
Registered
2001 se 4x4 5spd 32"
212 Posts
It could be the switch, the starter being bad would not explain why it died as it was running.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry, didn't die while running, upon start up

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Battery is good, lights all work . I'm going to try to jump it anyways .
Battery could be good enough for lights but won't start vehicle if the battery connections are loose at all. Are you getting a starter relay clicking sound like it isn't getting enough current?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Camshaft position sensor malfunction is a code it threw.

No sound like that I think, you mean when turn key over is there a click, no don't think so.

·
Registered
2001 se 4x4 5spd 32"
212 Posts
There should be a click. But no click does not tell you where the problem is. Bad starter, bad relay, bad key switch?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thinking it's a camshaft position sensor problem.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Would I replace the dist totally or a part inside?

·
Registered
62 Posts
that would depend on how confidant you feel about taking apart the distributor. There's a bearing in there that tends to go out, but it can also be the actual cam sensor or the coil which is also in there. There are many videos here and on the net on how to disassemble, check and replace the bearing.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just a suggestion.... have you tried shifting it into neutral and try starting? If the park position on the park / neutral safety switch has crapped out, it wont start in park but chance the neutral position will still work.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I tried in neutral , the code was p320 I think...camshaft position sensor malfunction...

Right now I'm thinking either distributor or the sensors which are behind the motor?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Also, from r some strange reason the car locked up on me when I tried to roll it in neutral. Anyone know why that could be? I have a DUI device on the car but it's working properly and I don't think it's that.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'll have to get the code reading again ... I forget what number it was, had to park the car for the night. I'm wondering how they're going to tow it without fucking up my drivetrain.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I am pretty sure there was a thread about the cps code and the guy replaced the distributor and fixed the problem. Anyone remember that thread?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts