Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have gotten a check engine code of PO 300 . I come to find out that the Ignition Coil that I had ordered twice does not fit ny 2002 Nissan Xterra SE ( V-6 3.3L Engine ).. . the serial number that is on the part of the car is ( N-200-511 ) . I have called several Nissan parts places and the last one I called said that they have discontinued that part , What can be done to fix this code ? Can it be something else besides this part that I can not find at these part stores ? Please help ?

·
Registered
2004 Xterra XE 4WD Auto 3.3L NA V6
2,553 Posts
A random misfire might be the coil, but it could be so many other things as well. What led you to the conclusion that it had to be the coil?

·
Registered
Xterra SE 4x4 V6 NA
129 Posts
Are you having any actual problems with the ignition system?
If it is functioning normally and all you are getting is this error code then it might be the computer reacting to it being a part that's not an exact match.

I had the same problem with my old RAM when the Air Flow sensor went bad.
The original was a Mopar but I replaced it with a sensor made by Duralast because the Mopar was too expensive.
The error code never went away and I had to disconnect the battery to manually reset the processor.

It is possible that perhaps you could try to disconnect the battery for about 5 minutes and see if that clears the code.
However, it may not totally fix the problem because when I tried it on my truck the engine light came back on a month later and it was the same error code for that sensor I replaced.
Now that does not mean the same will happen with yours, but it could. These computers are very finicky about the parts they are connected to.
If it's not a genuine factory replacement part then the error code could persist, even if the vehicle is running just fine.

Eventually I traded the truck for my current Xterra and was done with it.
But you might be having a similar issue.
If the part your looking for is no longer made by Nissan then you might have to just put up with the engine light being on and have it checked once in a while to make sure nothing new is going on.

Just my opinion.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have gotten a check engine code of PO 300 . I come to find out that the Ignition Coil that I had ordered twice does not fit ny 2002 Nissan Xterra SE ( V-6 3.3L Engine ).. . the serial number that is on the part of the car is ( N-200-511 ) . I have called several Nissan parts places and the last one I called said that they have discontinued that part , What can be done to fix this code ? Can it be something else besides this part that I can not find at these part stores ? Please help ?
I may be able to help you. If my 03 fit. They're like new

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I appreciate your nice gesture in wanting to help but I would have to see the part to say yes or no , or even have make a statement . Thanks .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts