Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey whats going on everyone. So I have a 2004 2wd Stock xterra that I really want to get out on the beach (Freeman Park N.C). I realize with it being stock thats not going to happen, do you guys think if I put 32x11.50x15 BFG ALT on my X, a 2"in Body Lift, a 2 in" PML lift and air down my tires ill be able to get out there? Let me know, thanks.

(Buying a 4x4 is not a possibility for now.)

·
Registered
840 Posts
I wouldn't try it, if freeman park is anything like the obx then the sand is loose and somewhat deep in places. If you do attempt it I would take a tow strap, shovel, and 2 boards for your wheels in case you do get stuck. A lift doesnt matter that much on the beach, it may be helpful if your in really deep sand but more than likely you wont encounter sand deep enough to need a lift. Tires on the other hand make a world of difference, Also lower your tire pressure to 15psi, and stay in the ruts that is key when beach driving. I hear freeman park is awesome and the only beach in n.c. that you can pitch a tent right on the beach I would love to check it out.
Good luck and if you go post up some pics
Cheers

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea I realize its not a great idea but im hell bent on getting out there. I plan to go out only towards the end of the day so that way no one will be blocking me and I can keep up momentum and I only plan to go out when I have a friend with a 4x4 with me, ill make sure and bring a shovel and two planks so I can get traction just in case, and a tow strap to hook up if all else fails. Its a great place you should come check it out some time if you get the chance (Great fishing in the area as well) . You can just park where ever you want and set up a tent and have a fire, its pretty cool. That is why I want to get out there so bad haha. Ill be sure and upload some pictures if I get it out there and let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Low air pressure,maybe even down to 10psi.
Slow and steady,no spinning tires. That just makes you sink.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My brother has an 04 hyundai santa fe 2wd. We go to corolla, nc every year and he can make it 7 miles up the beach and back... It's really all about the tire pressure and going smooth and steady. Always nice to have somebody with a 4x4 with you just in case. I take my 11' xterra 4x4 though so i don't know what it's like in the 2wd x]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts