Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

So I got this Xterra for relatively cheap with 172k on the clock, runs great, I think I have an exhaust leak, it pops out the exhaust a couple times in low speed decels, not always but sometimes. I've put a new air cleaner in it, reset the ecu, suppose I'll Seafoam it since found it cheap, get around 15mpg. I always wanted a Toyota Chinook, but can't ever find them so this xterra with its high ceiling came up while I was huntin, and liked it with its tough lookin bars up top.

So I'm turning it into a Camper for the Spring/Summer, I figure since its an xterra itll be a very incogchillo stealth camper when need be as well. I took out the seats so I have a flat 6 foot surface, comfortable to sprawl out in as I'm 5'8. so I lined the bed with bear fur I found at the fabric store.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Wanted it to look like Fern Gully when I wake up so I laced it in Ivy and some fun looking vine I got at the craft store. Has a propane 2 burner Coleman stove, small cooler, water, going to eventually put a solar panel in the top crate to trickle a DC batt under the seat so I can run a TV and other small electronics. I put alot of thought into this to make it very comfortable to live on the road for the season. Once I find a Toyota Chinook I will try to trade this for it! I love Chinooks!

·
Registered
444 Posts
Nice...guess there is another way to PIMP YOUR X! LOL. One thing I should say though, I hope the 2 burner stove is outside...LOL

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah i got a small folding aluminum table tucked behind. It just came as an idea, I lived on the road on motorcycles with a friend so I got used to packing small and organized, i got all busted up by a car so I'm retiring my bike hat, after another accident, still going to be a mechanic but I like walking more than I like riding, walking is cool. Then I started getting into truck campers and camper vans, I like the idea of a mobile home. While I was all busted up in a wheelchair I'd daydream, mostly of riding, then I really wanted a chinook but theyre like holographic charizards of the adult world, then I saw my buddies trooper, looked around the interior, pictured it gutted and had an epiphany. I could live in this. Then found this on craigslist with the lowest miles too lol, most had 225+ I'm a minimalist guitar pickin wannabe artist, so don't need much. So started handicapped carting around walmart and the craft store, slow and low, getting ideas for the interior, lookin at butts, been tryin to pimp my ride. When I came across the bear fur I was sold. I wasnt lookin for it. But the Xterra doesn't look like it'd be someones house, it looks like, they probably own this property lol I see alot of well to do chicks driving them but theyre like cool effin jeeps, I eventually want to put bigger gnarly mud dirt tires on the rear. My 2000 is the newest vehicle I ever owned, its got power windows too!

·
Registered
176 Posts
My mom is really old and I could never leave and risk the chance to say goodbye. Plus, me an the rest of my family are really close. I couldn't go without seeing them for months at a time.

·
Registered
90 Posts
You may want to look into Overlanding setups, it could give you some ideas on how to arrange your Xterra for maximium space

1 - 10 of 10 Posts