Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, so, originally I was going to get this nice slide in camper for my 1996 dodge dakota to poor boy RV it for the spring, but found this 2000 Xterra for just as much as the camper shell, which was really nice inside though. I wouldve had to upgrade rear suspension on the Kota, but it had dogshit mpgs, 15 through town on its very best day, 13 on the usual. So, along came Xterra for sale, 172k miles runs great new tranny and tires, saw so many with 250k selling for more so had to hop. After looking it over in the rear, I feel I could make it like a nice camper, put down one of the seats for a bed, then other side organized, shelves and such, I feel it could be cool, was wondering if anyone else has done it, tried googling only found a sloppy surfer guy .

· Registered
444 Posts
Haven't seen it yet, but anything is possible...I would just remove the rear seats if that is what you plan on doing, that way you could design some under storage for bedding, food supplies, etc... I would also black out the rear side windows, reflective tint in the rear(or some kind of shade), darker tint on the rear doors or some kind of shade, decent power inverter and deep cell battery, and install a small cabinet or bin for misc items. The inverter and deep cycle battery(or batteries) will help if you ever decide to add any electrical gadgets...just my opinion

Darin
01 Xterra SE 4x4
COMING SOON:
PML, EFan, stock intake mod, shocks, a bunch of maintenance, and a tune up

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.