Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I emailed Calmini and asked if they had any plans to make a pre-runner bar for the Xterra, saying that I thought there was a market for one with a winch mount, and here was their response:

Nathaniel,

While we’ve certainly seen interest in a wide variety of products for the XTERRA over the years, offering a product mix that’s attractive enough to get customers to part with their money is a different story. In cases such as yours where a customer sees a large, solid purchase-level interest in a particular part that we do not build, we offer the following: we will build the product (in this case, a winch mount, pre-runner front bumper for the N50 XTERRA) if you can put together 25 solid orders. We would require a 50% deposit on the part, as it is essentially a special order item. The bumpers would begin shipping within 4-6 weeks after we receive the 25th order.
If you have any questions, let me know.
Thanks again,

Jake
CALMINI Products​

That being said, is anybody interested in a group buy?

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea, I know. I am so in love with the way the Schrock looks, but it's pretty pricy (not to mention heavy), so I've been researching other options.

·
Lost in Translation
397 Posts
yeah i looked at possibly skid plating the center and still using the stock bumper too... i dont do a ton of off roading but i'd like to protect it a bit still.. .

shrocks look great but like i said.. i dont think its worth it to me to put one on..

·
Premium Member
11,798 Posts
Aside from gathering 25 orders to produce this initial run, the price still won't be that much better than Shrock if not more expensive being that this would be a trial run requiring design time as well as production time. But it would be great to see them break the mundane cycle of designs that are currently offered by both fab shops. It's definitely overdue for some fresh looks.

Good job on poking them and letting them know we are still here!

·
Premium Member
8,542 Posts
Unconformity, you do not have a 2nd gen x.

·
Lost in Translation
397 Posts
lol did i miss that part???? lmao

good point! i guess its back to my original idea.. i'm tired though james.. i just opened my new tattoo shop and its been a long two weeks.. lmao

but thanx for pointing that out bro.. haha

·
Premium Member
8,542 Posts
No prob dude. Good luck with the tattoo shop!

·
Lost in Translation
397 Posts
thanx! i'm sure it'll do fine w/ all of our client base and the fact our overhead is pretty damn low... so yeah.. we'll do good.. and thank you again!

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
I would definitely be interested, but I won't commit to anything until I see the product and find out the cost. It's good that they are still willing to develop a new product, and I sincerely hope that this gets off the ground. But I'm on too small a budget for mods to just commit to an undeveloped product.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Don't get too excited.. A buddy of mine put an order in for one of these bumpers for his Fronty http://purenissan.com/rear_tube_bumper.htm and it took him around 2 years before they finaly got around to making it..

But good luck in getting yours done...

Have you thought about finding someone local that might take on the task? It'll also give you a little leeway on design and features you could add.. Just a thought. ;)

·
Banned
1,193 Posts
Find a local fab shop and have them custom build one. Had a guy here in town do that for my front bumper w/ winch plate.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Looks like it wont cost near as much as a Schrock...

Nathaniel,

The bumper will have to be shipped via pallet freight on a truck due to its size. The freight costs vary quite a bit depending on the shipping location. I’d estimate shipping costs of anything from $100 to $200. I’d advise everyone to check into the possibility of having parts ship to a business address, as this keeps shipping costs manageable.
The bumper cost being considered is in the $550 range.
Let me know if you have anymore questions.
Thanks,

Jake
CALMINI Products

·
Registered
21 Posts
I got mine at: www.kenmtn.com

I know some people have had problems in the past, but I got my bumper in 2 weeks and no charge install. Same thing with the sliders. Both have been great out on the trails.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Kewl! How much did it set you back? can you post some pix?

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Very nice! How much does it weigh?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts