Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to change the cabin air filter on my 2001 SE only to discover there is no opening in the housing to access a filter. I've read on here that slots can be cut, but is there a filter in there currently?

·
Premium Member
8,519 Posts
No filter now you should cut the opening and make a adapter for your shop vac and clean as much of the dirt and crap off the coil as possible and in stall the new filters . If for some reason you ever take the dash apart say for new heater coil or etc, i would take it down to clean both side of a/c coil .

·
Sage Mentor/Moderator
12,216 Posts
I went to change the cabin air filter on my 2001 SE only to discover there is no opening in the housing to access a filter. I've read on here that slots can be cut, but is there a filter in there currently?

LOL

They need the opening to insert the filters.

So, you just MAKE the openings, and, insert filters, and, you nail it.

:D

Go Here:

http://www.clubxterra.org/forums/showthread.php?t=908

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No filter now you should cut the opening and make a adapter for your shop vac and clean as much of the dirt and crap off the coil as possible and in stall the new filters . If for some reason you ever take the dash apart say for new heater coil or etc, i would take it down to clean both side of a/c coil .
Oh man! I shudder to think what that coil is going to look like after 15 years!

·
Sage Mentor/Moderator
12,216 Posts
Oh man! I shudder to think what that coil is going to look like after 15 years!
A nest, typically.

When things are truly scary is when the muck has evolved, and has developed defensive measures it can use to attack you when you try to kill it.

>:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts