Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The coolant is leaking out inbetween the block on my truck this xmas my buddy is going my t belt water pump front seals the whole 9 yards but ive came to a conclusion that since my x has over heated a couple times not bad though i stoped soon as i would see it nearing the H on the guage. Maybe i warped my heads? Cause coolant is leaking right in between the plenum and i cant get my plenum off cause the stupid darn bolts are stripped out and my buddy is gonna drill and tap them back to how they should be. Now should i be trying to get some used heads? i.e pull them at a junk yard off a lower mileage x. I was hoping its not my head gasket but now logically the warped heads would make sense. Should i pull some or not? This xterra isnt gonna go anywheres lol ill walk to work before i let this stupid thing go hahaha.

·
Registered
808 Posts
I'd wonder about condition of junkyard. If it was smashed to h×+÷ probably good, but just rusty you wonder what killed it. Got a local machine shop that could look over/rebuild your own? But someone with more experience might have a better idea.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wasnt thinking about it but my father has been a machinest for like 30+ years and hes just gonna bring them to work and have them redone. So theres that out of the way but after all this work is done im gonna have a damn near finished motor until it goes. Which im expecting atleast 240k miles its sitting at 180k and doesnt burn any oil.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts