Nissan XTerra Forum banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
I have to wonder if sourcing a used Gen 1 supercharged motor and doing a blueprinting job on that would be your best road to increased performance. I don't know that you will achieve any significant performance increase from installing parts on a Gen 1 3.3 motor.
Did you reprogram ECM , I'd think you would need to make run better?

·
Registered
2002 Nissan Xterra SE 3.3
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
⁶⁵]---\
Nice. She's looking pretty snappy! Wondering why I don't see a cross hatch honing pattern on the cylinder wall of that center bore? Haven't gotten to that final finish hone I suppose except I see a piston installed in the back hole.
That picture was before I took the pistons out and bored the holes that's when I ordered new rings rods and heads

·
Registered
2004 Xterra XE 4WD Auto 3.3L NA V6
2,733 Posts
I wonder if the tensioner was rotated clockwise when tensioning the belt instead of CCW? That might explain why it's holding tension but is in a different position than others.

·
Registered
2002 Nissan Xterra SE 3.3
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Big discussion on the tensioner 😂 so I found a way to do the exact same tension and everything and hold a while back. I took the spring leg that goes against the block and made it a little longer so I can spin it the other way it's just easier for me to hold everything while I put the timing belt on its got the same tension besides it looks like it's wrong but I just added one more turn to mine

21 - 40 of 44 Posts