Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a broken leaf spring on the passenger side that I noticed while pulling off the old shocks. I was planning a PML and ordered new shackles already. Is there anything worth doing with the rear leaves while I'm replacing them? If I added a leaf, what would I have to do on the front end to compensate? I'm very new to suspension lifts.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
The two leaf Calmini AAL will give you 1.5" of lift. The AC three leaf AAL will be more than 1.5"(2-3" range). Most people do not like them due to the extra stiffness usually causing you not to get full flex. But as stated if you do an AAL; you will need UCA'S for the 3" SL. Otherwise you will have much more rake than stock.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, that's what I needed to know. I think I'll stick with OEM springs and plan on a 1" or 2" body lift in the future. I plan on running tires in the 31" to 32" range so I should be OK from what I've read so far.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good to know. I'll keep the 2" lift in mind after I get her road worthy again. For the record, it's tough to find replacement leaf springs and u-bolts! I'm not having any luck with the local parts stores and I'm not getting any calls back from shops. I found some in Michigan online... I'll probably other a set this weekend.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Good to know. I'll keep the 2" lift in mind after I get her road worthy again. For the record, it's tough to find replacement leaf springs and u-bolts! I'm not having any luck with the local parts stores and I'm not getting any calls back from shops. I found some in Michigan online... I'll probably other a set this weekend.
Anyone know if 4x4parts.com sells leaf replacements and U-bolts? I feel like they would.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I only saw add-a-leaf kits for the gen1. The u-bolts for gen1 were available but lengthened for the AAL. I didn't see any OEM equivalents.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had a broken leaf spring on my 2010 exterra. I was lucky enough to find someone parting out a totaled 2010. Just google leaf spring or any variation of and search every site you can, you'll find one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts