Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been doing research on how brake systems work and was recently told it might be time to replace my brakes. Going to get a second opinion next week for the brakes and rotors.

I am interested in possibly trying to replace my own brakes and rotors and couldn't come to a conclusion on the most affordable/best value brakes and rotors on the market right now.

I wanted to see if anyone had opinions to pass along about doing them yourself vs getting someone to do them for 150-200 total.

Thanks so much!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have been doing research on how brake systems work and was recently told it might be time to replace my brakes. Going to get a second opinion next week for the brakes and rotors.

I am interested in possibly trying to replace my own brakes and rotors and couldn't come to a conclusion on the most affordable/best value brakes and rotors on the market right now.

I wanted to see if anyone had opinions to pass along about doing them yourself vs getting someone to do them for 150-200 total.

Thanks so much!
I've never done the rotors, most of the time my rotors looked pretty good and didn't have any warp to them, so I just replaced the pads.

It's a pretty easy job to do yourself, maybe 1hr or so.

Just make sure you have 4x5x3/4'' piece of wood handy to use to push the piston back in. Also having a C-clamp large enough to do it. That's probably the most difficult part of the job, it's a pretty easy to do overall.

·
Registered
384 Posts
when you buy the brake pads make sure you buy ceramics. i have had the duralast gold on my truck for 2 years now and still braking pretty strong.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts