Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all.
So I've been looking through posts and I have not been able to find anything regarding this issue. So, I've noticed that when I press on the brake pedal, there's a clicking sound coming from driver side. Sounds like it's coming from front wheel or somewhere in the vicinity (can't quite tell since I'm driving when this happens). No warning lights (ABS, check engine, Etc.) come on so can't generate any codes. Been reading here and there regarding the caliper? Somewhere else, it said the spindle/knuckle? I replaced the caliper a little less than a year ago, but I don't remember if it was DS or PS. Has anyone else had or heard of this issue before. If so, what was the outcome/solution. I don't want this to become a worst problem so I'm trying to take care of it as soon as I can. Any feedback is greatly appreciated as usual. Btw, I have a 2001 automatic 2WD.

Thanks

·
Registered
808 Posts
not certain. have you looked for a rock caught on the caliper touching the rotor when you brake? might get lucky. or maybe the pads are worn out. I can't think of anything more someone else may [will] have a better idea

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the feedback, cbxterra. I haven't checked calipers yet. Pads have been screeching a bit lately, but I changed them less than a year ago. I don't really drive that much or that far to wear them out so quickly. But, I will check them, nonetheless. For all I know, it could be something as simple as a worn pad to cause that noise. It's actually quite annoying! Lol.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts