Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, so got a little problem. Just noticed that my brake lights arnt working. The running lights come on when turned on but when the brake pedal is pressed the ''brake lights'' don't come on. I looked for a fuse and only noticed one that said ''stop lamp'' and it was good. Even tried to change it out and still no brake lights. Everything else seems to be working. Even the little middle light in with the back window comes on when brakes applied just not the 2 rear lights. So just wondering if anybody knows about any brake light things to look at first before taking it in.
Thanks!

·
Registered
783 Posts
Did you check fuses under hood and inside the car? Also make sure the bulbs are good, sometimes water can get to them. One really simple thing is make sure the bulbs are pushed in all the way.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey everyone, so got a little problem. Just noticed that my brake lights arnt working. The running lights come on when turned on but when the brake pedal is pressed the ''brake lights'' don't come on. I looked for a fuse and only noticed one that said ''stop lamp'' and it was good. Even tried to change it out and still no brake lights. Everything else seems to be working. Even the little middle light in with the back window comes on when brakes applied just not the 2 rear lights. So just wondering if anybody knows about any brake light things to look at first before taking it in.
Thanks!
Did you ever figure it out? I’m having the same problem with my 05 Xterra

1 - 4 of 4 Posts