Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2004 X has a bit of rust damage and blew the clutch hard line that runs from the wheel well under the frame. I'm not having any luck finding a part online or at the local dealership. I even checked the scrapyards and there aren't any manual Nissans in my area.

1) Are any of you guys aware of a source where I might find this part?
or
2) I am prepared to make one if necessary. Can any of you confirm the size of the line and the fittings I will need?

·
Registered
03 XE A/T, SC coming soon
660 Posts
I would just remove the fittings from the master and slave and bring them to an auto parts store

·
Registered
03 XE A/T, SC coming soon
660 Posts
You may need those fittings so don’t ruin them. Sometimes if they’re a different size or thread on each side, you’ll have to cut a piece of pipe and bend it then flare the ends with the fittings you saved

·
Registered
2001 Xterra 4WD Auto 3.3L V6
151 Posts
If you can get the line(s) off the vehicle without bending them much or at all, you'll have a template to bend the new line(s). Just don't forget to put the saved fittings on before flaring the ends. (Please don't ask. ;))

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The fittings were M10x1.0 on both sides. The local parts stores didn't carry any metric fittings, so I ordered some along with the 3/16" copper nickel brake line off Amazon. I didn't match the bends perfectly, but I got it pretty close. Plenty good enough for the girls I go out with. The X is back in action again.

oldLine.jpg newLine.jpg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts