Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the forum and just bought an 03 3.3 manual 2wd. My fuse for the parking lights keeps blowing on me. I read through all the scenarios on the forum but can't seem to find an answer. The fuse is blowing when the lights are on while I depress the clutch. The switches on the clutch don't cause this. The only thing that I can figure is that there's a wire shorting out when I depress the clutch, but I move all the wire looms around and can't seem to duplicate it. This is driving me insane. If you have any ideas or suggestions, please throw them at me.

·
Premium Member
8,519 Posts
I think it has nothing to due with clutch . I would start looking at the both front fender parking lights i remember a lot of people have problems with pass side light shorting out.Some time the bulbs get shorts in side the glass if you run out of ideas you can remove all the bulbs for parking lights front and rear and see if still blows a fuse with bulbs out and then start putting them back one at a time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've tried it without the side markers connected. It is still happening. When I depress the clutch the dash lights will cut out for a second then back on. This happens a couple of times before the fuse blows.

·
Premium Member
8,519 Posts
If you think the clutch has any thing to do with i start taking the dash apart it not really that hard just takes a lot of time.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Must be a pinched wire somewhere? Did you look up behind the dash where the clutch pedal is mounted? The fuse box would be somewhere just above it. I have an auto so I can verify but i know the location must be close.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts