Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the average time frame on a 2" BL for a 2000 xterra? I've read everything from 20 hours to 2...

·
Registered
787 Posts
That's close to a correct estimate because every lift install varies.

How many people are helping? What tools do you have? Is there rust? Does all the hardware fit correctly? Etc.

Things almost always go wrong. If I think a project will take 3 hours I plan for it to take 6 lol. To be safe, I would set a whole day aside to do a BL. Don't start Sunday at 3, work until dark, not finish, then not have a car for work Monday (for example).

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's close to a correct estimate because every lift install varies.

How many people are helping? What tools do you have? Is there rust? Does all the hardware fit correctly? Etc.

Things almost always go wrong. If I think a project will take 3 hours I plan for it to take 6 lol. To be safe, I would set a whole day aside to do a BL. Don't start Sunday at 3, work until dark, not finish, then not have a car for work Monday (for example).
That's about the answer i expected. I've only done suspension lifts on jeeps, and tons of car work. I've never put a BL on. I've got a shop with a lift and plenty of tools so hopefully that makes life easier. Two dudes and a few brews should get it done!

·
Registered
787 Posts
With a full shop, air tools, and some friends that will definitely speed up the process. I've never put one on either but I've heard from other on here doing a BL is actually the "simpler" lift. Its just making sure everything that needs to be disconnected is and that is gets reconnected at the end that's the hard part.

Good luck man!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
With a full shop, air tools, and some friends that will definitely speed up the process. I've never put one on either but I've heard from other on here doing a BL is actually the "simpler" lift. Its just making sure everything that needs to be disconnected is and that is gets reconnected at the end that's the hard part.

Good luck man!
Thanks! I should have everything Wednesday but probably won't get to it till next weekend. I'll keep ya posted!

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Like Thompson said, all depends on rust and other factors. Is your X rusty? On mine, with another experienced Xer, it took a full day and I didn't get the front bumper raised. There were a couple issues, including having to go to the store to get a tap to chase some body mount threads that weren't taking the new bolt. And I did a lot of prep work and spraying. But my X is fairly rusty.

We also did another X's BL, plus some suspension work in a day so it all depends. Make sure you do your prep work and spraying.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
BL is done. Took about 4 hours, relatively easy aside from forgetting heater core hoses.... Forgot to release from the clamps.
Nice. Hopefully the hoses were ok. Did you follow the write up here?

Time for 33's!
Thanks! Snapped the end off one of the heater core pipes, just looped the hoses until I have a free long afternoon.

Yup, the write up was great.

33s are ordered and will be in Tuesday or Wednesday. Ordered online to save some money since I can mount them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts