Nissan XTerra Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
988 Posts
Yea! I want to go w/ 35s as soon as I take the plates off of BlueX and trailer her. :D
Sir, I applaud your enthusiasm but recommending 35s on anything other than a SAS+SOA dedicated trail rig is a little overkill...

To the OP: I'd start by doing a PML and then a body lift (exactly how I've progressed with my X). This will allow a little extra suspension flex plus will allow you to run 33" rubber.

If you choose to go with the full SL after that, all you need are UCAs and AAL packs for the rear.

·
Administrator
2000 Xterra XE 4x4 3.3L AT
9,525 Posts
Yea! I want to go w/ 35s as soon as I take the plates off of BlueX and trailer her. :D
Sir, I applaud your enthusiasm but recommending 35s on anything other than a SAS+SOA dedicated trail rig is a little overkill..
I'm pretty sure that is what Jason is saying there.

·
Premium Member
4,148 Posts
I'm pretty sure that is what Jason is saying there.
No Jason is saying put 35s on BlueX while IFS but will be a trailer queen.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I would prob start out with a PML and BL then eventually piece together the rest of the SL
Ditto. I actually did the PML, 3" SL, and then the BL. The 3" will set you back a few bones to do right so, if you are short on cash, id do the PML and then BL. That will get you 3.5" of total lift. Then put some 32-33" tires on it and start saving for the 3" SL.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Is there any point doing a body lift with 32" tires? I mean, if they'll fit without a BL, then what's the advantage of raising the body off the frame?

·
Registered
3 Posts
It could be partially preference, but a lot of people end up doing both. The idea is that if you are using a suspension lift you gain ground clearance and travel. If you are using a body lift then you have more room for larger tires. If I were you I would start with a simple suspension lift (2-3") and see how you like that. If it doesn't seem to be high enough for you then you could add a BL. Suspension to me has more benefits because you're upgrading your suspension, gaining ground clearance, and improving your ride. Body lifts are doing just that, they are lifting the body. The only real benefit is tire sizes. I would look at ARB OME(Old Man Emu), very strong suspension, I currently have it on my Pro-4X, and I wouldn't give it up for anything else. Also since you have an older suspension on there now it would benefit you to replace it. They make the front and rear shocks, front coils, and rear AAL's or full leaf packs which would replace your leaf springs and give you at least two inches of lift. They pay a lot of attention to detail with their products to make sure they will fit perfectly with factory settings, so no additional mods or parts would be needed. Hope this helps.
Thanks for the 411. I don't know about anyone else but it sure helps me :alien:

21 - 30 of 30 Posts