Nissan XTerra Forum banner

81 - 100 of 137 Posts

·
Administrator
8,615 Posts
but can they handle the full weight of the axle at full droop or will they blow out?
My guess, and it is just a guess, would be that that particular function would be design feature of the entire 5100 line and not just one particular model.

·
Administrator
8,615 Posts
yea i need to know before i order the shocks. I really don't want to go through a set of shocks in a year
I hear ya. Also pay no attention to the length comparison, extended/collapsed, earlier Mike as now I am unsure on the length of the 5100's ...even though my truck has a set. :aufkopfhauen-big:

I know what shocks I have but they do not show up on any of the Bilstein lists that show those numbers. I want to say there 17"/28" but another part of my brain says 16"/26".....I'm getting old. :(

·
Brooklyn br0
3,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
Hey Tom, whats the travel on your shocks?
5150; Extended Length (in)25.910 in.Collapsed Length (in)15.890 in. 255/70 valving.
5100; Extended Length (in)25.930 in.Collapsed Length (in)15.910 in. digressive valving.

I'm not a revolver fan (let's please not discus them in my build thread). Full droop for me is only 24 in. from eyelet to eyelet.

·
Silver Submarine
10,979 Posts
5150; Extended Length (in)25.910 in.Collapsed Length (in)15.890 in. 255/70 valving.
5100; Extended Length (in)25.930 in.Collapsed Length (in)15.910 in. digressive valving.

I'm not a revolver fan (let's please not discus them in my build thread). Full droop for me is only 24 in. from eyelet to eyelet.
Thanks Tom. Sorry to hijack your thread. I'll delete my posts. I just got all crazy and started asking questions and didn't realize this was your build thread.

·
Brooklyn br0
3,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
Your questions were cool and legitimate bro. There was no need to delete them. I just did not want a three page discussion about them here.

·
Silver Submarine
10,979 Posts
Your questions were cool and legitimate bro. There was no need to delete them. I just did not want a three page discussion about them here.
I'd like to hear your opinions on the Revolvers. I started a new thread.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Awsome vids!!!Super smoothe

·
Brooklyn br0
3,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
I'd like to hear your opinions on the Revolvers. I started a new thread.
Like I said; not a fan; I’d be happy to tell you how I feel about them when we’re hanging but it’s too much to get into on a forum. Folks seem to feel very strongly about them and I’d rather not get into a debate, it’s just not worth my time.

Awsome vids!!!Super smoothe
Thanks for checking them out bro.
:)

·
Brooklyn br0
3,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
Just picked up a new spare CV axle to replace the one I used on the trail earlier this month from my local Brooklyn auto supply;

$55 + the core out the door...I am thinking that's a good deal.

·
Brooklyn br0
3,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #96 (Edited)
Thank you sir, I appreciate the time you took to look and the compliment.
Here are a few more recent pictures…
…on “13” at Rausch;

Getting’ tippy on …on “1C”;

…a little help from my friends;

·
Brooklyn br0
3,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #97 (Edited)
A friend recently asked about the pin I use in the padlock hole of the operating latch with on my Shrockworks 1st Gen. rear bumper. I thought I'd share with you all;

(geez, I should really take some steel wool to that)
Anyways,
I could have used a pad lock but it seemed silly to put a lock there… plus it would render the “one handed operation” feature of the handle useless.

It is a “T-Handle Push-Button Quick-Release Pin with Lanyard”. The 5/16" Diameter, 3/4" Usable Length stays snugly in place, can be operated with one hand and even I cannot lose it! At $21.87 it is a bit pricey but mine has worked well since ’06 so WTF, I recommend it.
It is McMaster-Carr item # 93750A395

·
Premium Member
4,148 Posts
This is one of the great IFS trucks that everyone should look up to. Wheels it just as hard as anyone else but hangs in there with much more "capable" trucks due to having an excellent driver.

Don't let it go to your head but I admire what you have and can do with this rig. :)
Yea his rig is all right. HAHAHA JK bro
Hope to see you on the trails sometime. :D

81 - 100 of 137 Posts