Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Been a Nissan fan for a long time. Bought my 01 Xterra in March of 2017. 3.3 mt with 140 k. Picked it up for about 4500. This is a nice truck. My full intention for this truck is a fully built Xterra for Moab. Here is a stock picture. Kinda boring. I have taken it off road a bit while saving some money.

Then along came a deal... The great Kuma. I spent 1200 for the complete vehicle. (I hope not to offend Alex the Creator of Kuma) I bought the car with intent to strip the good stuff off and put on mine. At the same time I have ordered 2"body lift, power track rear locker, lokka front locker and adjustable rear shackles.

I will be updating this as I go.

I have uploaded a current photo of the X on this page.

Attachments

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Ordered diff drop kit. Junk yard find of manual locking hubs and second fuel tank skid ($25 for all).

Welded two skid together for fuel tank... Tough!

I then began stripping the rack from Kuma. I plan to take it apart and weld the light basket to the rack. I don't like the way it's mounted. Will post more as I go.

Attachments

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. I will be pulling each part clean them up and then POR 15 each one. Hopefully I will be welding the light basket to the rack tomorrow.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Front bumper and drivers slider removed. Those welded on frame nuts are a PITA. Had to grind half the bolts off. If anybody has a better way of getting bolts off after the weld on frame nuts turn, I'm all ears. BTW I love the way the prerunner bar looks.

Attachments

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Got the other slider off. That was a fun stressful pain, grinding next to the fuel tank. Not so fun. Then straightened the front bumper. Then pulled the parts off the tire rack. Next up... Weld a CB mount onto the tire rack before removal. Then light cage to the roof rack. Lots to do with winter coming.

Attachments

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got allot done today. Welded up a CB mount. Welded up a high lift mount. Pulled the bumper. Started welding the roof rack.

Attachments

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Roof rack modifications. First off, take the Baja rack wind deflecter off. Cut and grind all it's mounts off. Then cut and pre-fit the light basket. Weld it up! Looks so much better. I will get the upper arms on soon.

Attachments

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Then much needed off road time. The guys I was with were shocked a stock Xterra could do what it did. Love my Xterra!

https://youtu.be/6L_R3mXaF3o

Attachments

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I finally got the tire carrier to separate from the bumper. That was a joke. I will be replacing the bushings and putting a grease zerk in it.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 64 Posts