Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I have a 2002 Xterra, SE SC

I recently had a shock break and im looking to replace them with Bilstein 5100's and I seem to have been able to search around and find the correct product number from Bilstein for them (which has proven to be a pain!) The issue I am now running into is I am looking to 'future proof' if you will and don't want to buy the no lift shocks if in a year I am just going to end up getting a lift or doing a PML and then having to buy new shocks. I have heard from several people that the 3" lift Bilstein 5100's will work on a stock Xterra and of course, work for a SL or PML. I talked to an awesome guy at 4x4parts.com and he saying though that the 3" lift will NOT work on a stock xterra.

Has anyone used the 3" lift 5100's and can confirm if they work on a stock first gen X or not?

Thanks!

·
Administrator
2000 Xterra XE 4x4 3.3L AT
9,200 Posts
I’ve used the Bil 5100 3” articulator lift shocks on a stock rear suspension and yes they worked. I know no reason why the fronts would not work either. You are not changing the amount of potential suspension travel especially on the front. Lifted or not lifted the amount of travel stays the same.

What shock did you break?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts