Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm doing a PML and 2" BL very soon. My plan is some wide 33's. Two questions stem from that - Firstly, what's the widest I can go on a stock rim without any big trimming or anything? And also, with 33's on that lift, are there any steering components that would NEED to be replaced right away, or is it more so just things to get eventually cause they'll be wearing out quicker? Also, is there any sort of regearing I'd have to do or no?

The PML and the BL is easy. But I've read a lot and got confused here and there so I want to make sure there's nothing I'm missing.

Lastly, I have a brush guard I'd like to keep. I've seen mention of bumper relocation brackets - what exactly do those do? I know I need them to keep my brush guard on there but I don't understand totally their purpose and function. I know I kind of strayed away from tires but I just wanna do it right lol. Thanks so much!

·
Administrator
2000 Xterra XE 4x4 3.3L AT
10,020 Posts
I'm doing a PML and 2" BL very soon. My plan is some wide 33's. Two questions stem from that - Firstly, what's the widest I can go on a stock rim without any big trimming or anything?
The stock rim will take a 33x12.5 with minimal trimming of plastic with a PML and and 2" BL but keep in mind every truck is different. Generally sheetmetal only needs to be trimmed with a rim with more backspacing than the OEM 5.5".

And also, with 33's on that lift, are there any steering components that would NEED to be replaced right away, or is it more so just things to get eventually cause they'll be wearing out quicker?
The 33"s will accelerate wear on steering parts. Generally when running 33"s count on needing an idler arm brace, Bandit 4x4 idler arm bushings, and a beefy centerlink.

Also, is there any sort of regearing I'd have to do or no?
For 33"s no re-gearing is needed.

Lastly, I have a brush guard I'd like to keep. I've seen mention of bumper relocation brackets - what exactly do those do? I know I need them to keep my brush guard on there but I don't understand totally their purpose and function. I know I kind of strayed away from tires but I just wanna do it right lol. Thanks so much!
You are raising the body 2" but the brush guard and bumpers are attached to the frame so they do not move up with the body when raised, ie they no longer line up with the body. Brackets need to be fabbed or purchased to move up the front bumper and the rear simply needs new holes drilled in the bumper to move it up.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts