Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a two time Xterra owner. My second Xterra which is my daily driver now is a 2001 SE Xterra 4x4.
This is how she looked when I first picked it up
The first things I did were ditch the step rail and mud flaps and painted the plastics and tinted the Windows.
Next it was time for the PML and body lift, and of course 33's.
Then I decided I wanted different wheels and tires.
You have to love that stance!!

And I've done other few things here and there but this is how she sits now.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Edit: List of all mods done.
- PML and 2 inch body lift.
- resonators deleted and baffle gone.
- Muffler deleted running straight pipe.
- Windows tinted 2% all around, Windshield 5%.
- 20 inch light bar installed on front bumper.
- Plastidip stripe on the hood.
-Step rails and mud flaps ditched as stated above.
- Helo Rims now wrapped in 33x12.50x18 Atturo TrailBlades (Don't have a recent picture of those)
- Kenwood Radios.
- Oh shit handles wrapped in paracord.
Always looking for new mods to do if you see anything that isn't listed that sounds awesome let me know. Right now I'm really looking into HID projector retrofit install for the headlights, and mini led light bars to replace the stock fogs. Also I am not interested in a steel bumper.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I forgot I do have this one picture of the new tires.

Also if anyone knows who X this is I would love to get some information from him about his headlight setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
876 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum! Thanks for joining us and showing your Xterra - it looks amazing and you're doing great job on it! Lots of good information on here to play with. Please feel free to share your experiences, questions and concerns about the car on this site.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I just ordered some new led light bars to replace the old ugly fog lights, and ordered a snorkel off of eBay. Can't wait to get them in and put on!

·
Registered
248 Posts
Love the full tint all around! I noticed your front windshield is fully tinted, is that legal where you live? Also what % tint did you have done?

Thanks!

·
Registered
248 Posts
Never mind, I was drooling over your pictures that I totally missed where you listd your tint % for all windows. Looks mean! How is night time driving with 2% all round and 5% on the front? does it not make it hard with the front being at 2%?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It's is not legal but I had the doc write me "prescription" that states that because my eyes are sensitive to the light I need tint darker than the legal limit. As far as driving it's a little difficult but my eyes have gotten used to it over time. I use my light bar at night when there is no one else on the road.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Nice one with the doc. Nobody really cares here in Mexico how dark your tint is. I have tinted my front (drivers/passenger) windows only to match the back as well as possible but after 6 months I find them too light as we get sun 99% of the time. I was going to go darker all around which would mean tinting over factory back ones. I don't think I will go as dark as you, even though I LOVE the look but I think it would make night time driving really hard. The headlights on the Xterra are already pretty bad, mine worse than normal due to them taking a beating in the sun here. I have to get a new pair of lenses and was going to try a projector retrofit myself as that should fix the poor light issue.

Loving what you have done to it so far! Is the front windshield done as one piece or did they have to tint in 2 strips?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Man I'm dying to do the projector retrofit, but I've bought all I can for this month. Oh and the windshield is one solid sheet, I'm thinking about going back and getting a strip put on over the tint because somehow sun still gets in my eyes when I drive, and it gets on my nerves.

·
Registered
248 Posts
well done with one slid sheet. I have seen the tint shops here and they don't seem to do one solid sheet. Sure it takes a bit more work and a heatgun/hairdrier but looks so much better! I hate it when I see people's back windows on new cars done in like 4-5 strips.

How the heck are you still getting sun through 5%?!?!? just double up on the 5% =)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.