Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks
This is my first X (2015 Pro) and I had them installed on purchase. Absolutely love BFG AT KO2 tires that I had installed.
Are any of you driving them in winter/snow/ice conditions and would you recommend them?

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
mine do great, just use your noggin and if in deep off road snow air down the pressure to 15psi or so. Just go back up to stock pressure before pavement/highway driving though as emergency maneuvers could have ill effects like your tire coming off the bead.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mine do great, just use your noggin and if in deep off road snow air down the pressure to 15psi or so. Just go back up to stock pressure before pavement/highway driving though as emergency maneuvers could have ill effects like your tire coming off the bead.
Promise to use my noggin!

How do they do on the road? Icy conditions?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Promise to use my noggin!

How do they do on the road? Icy conditions?
shouldn't be too bad as they have some siping. Should do well in snow but ice I would think they would just be so/so. A dedicated winter ice tire has a lot more siping and the compound is different.

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Yeah they are great in anything but deep deep snow and sheets of ice. I ran the original KOs for a winter and they were fantastic.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts