Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is there such a thing as a bellhousing adapter for a 2000 Xterra? The reason i am asking is I am in a bind on the one hand I have this really bad ass X that I have put alot of money into and couldn't get near what i have in her if i even wanted to trade or sell. But i dont want to trade or sell!! She needs a transmission but i dont want to put another automatic in her! I want more control I want a manual transmission. So please anybody tell me how i can make this happen without shredding my billfold to hell. Thanks everyone! :D

does anybody know of an Xterra graveyard?

·
Premium Member
8,519 Posts
The cheapest way out is to buy a junker to have all the parts you need . You don't need a adapter you just need all the parts from flywheel back , clutch pedal and linkage and the ECM.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Yes what deja said. But ill say manuals are fun but there not any better offroad. And manuals can put you in some really bad situations on rocks... I drove my friends pathfinder on 33s (same motor) it was fun but i can do the same in my auto. Put it in manual first gear and do the same things. Plus you dont have to fry the clutch or drop it and hammer down when pulling someone out. They are way more fun i agree haven driven both plus and izuzu for 250k miles since new and it was manual. Gonna be alot of work but the fun aspect of it if its not a daily is worth it!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Where

The cheapest way out is to buy a junker to have all the parts you need . You don't need a adapter you just need all the parts from flywheel back , clutch pedal and linkage and the ECM.
Alright so where can I find one, do you know of any Xterra graveyards?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I understand

Yes what deja said. But ill say manuals are fun but there not any better offroad. And manuals can put you in some really bad situations on rocks... I drove my friends pathfinder on 33s (same motor) it was fun but i can do the same in my auto. Put it in manual first gear and do the same things. Plus you dont have to fry the clutch or drop it and hammer down when pulling someone out. They are way more fun i agree haven driven both plus and izuzu for 250k miles since new and it was manual. Gonna be alot of work but the fun aspect of it if its not a daily is worth it!
It is a daily driver but the transmission is going out anyway so I see this as an opportunity to put what i want in it instead of a boring automatic. you dont happen to know of any Xterra graveyards do you?

·
Registered
621 Posts
I see your profile says carolina although its my home state =) i wouldnt have a clue. Although here in florida i cant get parts at junkyards cause every single one i call has only a few and there all striped down lol. When i called to get oem air intake and roof rack the guy said the xterra is rare around here. I laughed and said its a good thing but a bad thing hahahah.

·
Premium Member
8,519 Posts
It is a daily driver but the transmission is going out anyway so I see this as an opportunity to put what i want in it instead of a boring automatic. you dont happen to know of any Xterra graveyards do you?
Go to this site and ash him find you one make sure you get the same year . By the time you sell the motor and other parts you don't need you might make money on the deal and get the parts you want for free. He delivers the truck for around $500 depending on which action he buys it from and how far you are from were he picks it up . He travels 5 states ever week and you tell him front hit rear hit roll over or you don't care. Tell you just want a good trans and motor and let him do the shopping when he finds some thing of interest he will send a foto and you can tell him what the max you want to go more damage lower price less damage higher price.
http://www.goodtitlerebuilders.com/

1 - 7 of 7 Posts