Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've made the car look nice and clean from interior to exterior for the most part. Now i want to make it drive perfect and do a 2'' to a 3'' lift. My issue right now is the car vibrates a little when i hit 50+mph. I've seen a couple youtube vids on what it might be but i just care for someone to give me like a buying list of mods that will help with this. I did alignment and balance already. thats about it. its pullings lightly to the left also.

Same with the lift, i want to spend less than $500 in a good lift up to 3inch including shocks and springs and whatever i need (you can tell idk much). mechanical work is not an issue so id really appreciate if someone has some info in what i should buy. I'm the kind of person that spends the extra money for the better quality parts and kits. I need to get all this done in a month before a trip from FL to NY.

THANKS IN ADVANCE! :)
-Daniel

·
Sage Mentor/Moderator
12,216 Posts
So I've made the car look nice and clean from interior to exterior for the most part. Now i want to make it drive perfect and do a 2'' to a 3'' lift. My issue right now is the car vibrates a little when i hit 50+mph. I've seen a couple youtube vids on what it might be but i just care for someone to give me like a buying list of mods that will help with this. I did alignment and balance already. thats about it. its pullings lightly to the left also.

Same with the lift, i want to spend less than $500 in a good lift up to 3inch including shocks and springs and whatever i need (you can tell idk much). mechanical work is not an issue so id really appreciate if someone has some info in what i should buy. I'm the kind of person that spends the extra money for the better quality parts and kits. I need to get all this done in a month before a trip from FL to NY.

THANKS IN ADVANCE! :)
-Daniel

You did not mention what the lift was for?

If you just want to look taller in the mall parking lot, and/or maybe fit larger tires one day...a BODY LIFT (BL) is the best choice, considering your budget.

You can do a 2 or 3" BL in your drive way fairly easily, with the 2" taking most of us a half day or so, and the 3" taking all day to a weekend depending on your help, tools, prep, etc.

A BL essentially raises the BODY up higher off the frame, so it changes the center of gravity very little compared to a suspension lift (SL), and doesn't change much mechanically. You can piece together the parts for a 2" BL for less than $150, or buy a complete kit for about $225-ish.

http://www.4x4parts.com/i-18981323-xterra-2-inch-body-lift.html

If you plan on off roading, most people ADD an SL to their BL.

On your year X, you can do a very cheap (Poor Man's Lift or PML) 1.5" SL by simply using the front end's built in ride height adjustment to raise the front end by 1.5"...and then buying a set of lift shackles to raise the but by about the same amount....giving you a 1.5" SL for under $100.

http://www.4x4parts.com/i-18981298-xterra-rear-lift-shackles.html

BTW - Stuff for 2000 - 2004 Xterras are the same, but 2005+ stuff won''t fit your 2001.

If you want to look at 3" SL kits/parts, go here:

http://www.4x4parts.com/c-1046826-s...00-2004-xterra-suspension-lifts-packages.html

:D

If doing an SL, you'd fix any steering issues as part of it, because that becomes the weak link anyway...but pulling, vibes, etc, is typically an alignment, or tire, issue.

There are other potential causes, but, they are less common, and you try to knock out the low hanging fruit first if possible.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.