Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ha e a 00 x with 3.3 replaced knock sensor and tbps and now im haveing issues with my tranny not shifting past 2nd and if I disengage the o/d it acts as if it goes to neutral 4000 rpm at 35mph max

·
Registered
2004 Xterra XE 4WD Auto 3.3L NA V6
1,658 Posts
KS is needed if you have SuperCharger, but has little effect on NA engines.

If you replaced the TPS with non-OE device, it could be most or all of the issue.

Have you scanned it for codes in all 4 groups: B, C, P, and U?

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
I agree with MeToo, and also the previous poster that goes by that name.... 🤣
The TPS is a very good candidate for the issue you are having. The TPS data is used for calculating shift points. If the data is bad or non-existent the transmission will do some crazy things as the computer tries to work with the data it has.

Was the transmission having the same issue before you replaced the TPS?
Is it OEM or did you buy an aftermarket TPS?
Did you go through the entire learn process for the new TPS?
Have you had the codes read?

If you haven't had the codes read I would advise you do. Preferably with a OBD reader that can also give transmission codes.

One thing to do is to closely inspect the wire harness leading up to the TPS. Cracks in the wire insulation can result in a short that will send false readings to the computer. These can usually be remedied with a quick coat of liquid electrical tape. Also check the connector to the TPS for corrosion. It should be clean and shiney. I would also put a dab of dielectric grease in the fitting to prevent moisture and corrosion (I do this with all my connectors any time they are apart).

• Haha
Reactions: MeToo
1 - 3 of 3 Posts