Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm about to pull out of my driveway, put my transmission in reverse and then try to put it into drive but it just won't. Then tried to put it into Park but nope, nothing. The shifter itself moves but the dash or rather the car itself only recognizes reverse. While driving it yesterday I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary so it seems a bit strange. I guess it could be a linkage issue? And to think I was just about to go service it. Any help would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the responses. And I just realized I put 05 instead of 06 for some reason. But is there a dip stick for the transmission fluid that I'm not seeing or am I going to have to get in there?

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'm not sure how the linkage on the automatics work, but it definitely sounds like the linkage is screwed up or otherwise disconnected.

Presumably now you can't start the truck either since you can't put it in neutral or park.

Don't neglect to set your parking brake now for the time being.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm not sure how the linkage on the automatics work, but it definitely sounds like the linkage is screwed up or otherwise disconnected.

Presumably now you can't start the truck either since you can't put it in neutral or park.

Don't neglect to set your parking brake now for the time being.
Right, exactly what I've been thinking since there's no other apparent thing. And yeah, can't start so parking break it is

1 - 8 of 8 Posts