Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought the app and the OBDII Bluetooth reader. So far the most I've gotten as far a horsepower is 135 & 220 ft lbs of torque. I was just wondering if anyone else is using this app.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have the free version - I haven't mastered it by any means, but all the widgets I add seem to work. Is there something you can't seem to get working, or. . .?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No I was just wondering about the accuracy of the hp/torque ratings that are on it. I've gotten 135 hp to the wheels and 220 ft lbs torque.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've used the app to pull and clear codes but haven't messed with the monitoring at all. Is that available with the free version?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't know, I only paid $4.95 for the app. It is really good for engine monitoring and checking any performance upgrades through the horsepower/torque monitoring.

·
Registered
2001 Xterra XE 4WD Auto 3.3L V6 (GV33E)
7 Posts
I got the torque app to hopefully monitor key metrics but found very limited/basic data for my 2001 xterra gv33e. I really wish I could get a hold of transmission temp at least... anyone on here had any luck with this?

·
Registered
2004 Xterra XE 4WD Auto 3.3L NA V6
1,820 Posts
Get the BlueDriver or a similar OBD2 dongle. It reads live data and has "Mode 6" for those who know what that is.

·
Registered
01 Xterra 4x4
25 Posts
I've used the Torque app for years and have been very happy with it. It's critical you get a good quality OBDII dongle to use with it. The cheap Ebay ones don't work. I have used the app almost exclusively to read codes and erase codes. A good thing about it is it gives you all the sub codes, not just the generic codes. And it provides direct internet links for the codes. I would recommend it to anyone.

·
Registered
2001 Xterra XE 4WD Auto 3.3L V6 (GV33E)
7 Posts
I've used the Torque app for years and have been very happy with it. It's critical you get a good quality OBDII dongle to use with it. The cheap Ebay ones don't work. I have used the app almost exclusively to read codes and erase codes. A good thing about it is it gives you all the sub codes, not just the generic codes. And it provides direct internet links for the codes. I would recommend it to anyone.
I've been using Torque Pro for some time now but find a very tiny subset of PIDs for the 2001 xterra ecm for some reason... I see the transmission temp PID but it's not reporting any data for some reason. I've looked everywhere for the full listing of all PIDs as I'm sure there are more that could be accessed, but no such luck so far.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts