Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Anyone know what this hose is? Looks like I need a replacement! See wear at red arrow. 2004 Xterra. 3.3L 2WD.

View attachment 76535

View attachment 76534
That chewed up portion of your hose looks like it is just the insulating foam over wrap they have on top of the core hose. If the damage is only "skin" deep and not in to the main hose, you are probably good and could just give it a little love by mending the chew spot with some electrical tape wrapped around it a few times neatly..

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That chewed up portion of your hose looks like it is just the insulating foam over wrap they have on top of the core hose. If the damage is only "skin" deep and not in to the main hose, you are probably good and could just give it a little love by mending the chew spot with some electrical tape wrapped around it a few times neatly..
I thought of that, but the actual hose is worn through in one small spot.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Looks like a vacuum line. Can't tell for sure from the photo but maybe for the fuel evap system.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like a vacuum line. Can't tell for sure from the photo but maybe for the fuel evap system.
It goes to the EGR Solenoid Valve. I might take a few more photos and take the hose off and take them to the Nissan dealer to get one. Can't be more than about $400 at the stealership.

·
Registered
493 Posts
I thought of that, but the actual hose is worn through in one small spot.
If it's just an EGR exhaust gas recycle hose I would just seal it off with a good wrap of quality 3M electrical tape and be done with it. Clear the damaged outer foam jacket and wrap the core hose.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If it's just an EGR exhaust gas recycle hose I would just seal it off with a good wrap of quality 3M electrical tape and be done with it. Clear the damaged outer foam jacket and wrap the core hose.
That's probably what I'll do. Thanks for the suggestion.

·
Registered
455 Posts
That's one of the hoses that goes to the purge control solenoid under the hood. It can be replaced by any similar sized fuel or engine rubber air hose rated for ethanol. I believe the ID is about 6mm or so. 1/4" or 5/16" should work. It does appear that only the protective shroud is damaged. The hose itself is pretty thick and is under minimal vacuum.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts