Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
2005 Nissan Xterra
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m rummaging the wrecked xterras for a pro4x model to baffle the front and rear. One of the ones I’m looking for says off-road edition but I wanted to run the vin to see for certain since I think both the pro4x and off-road editions had the full electric locking rear. Is there anyone here that could help me out if I provided some VINs?

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
This site has a free decoder and also explains what the VIN digits mean.

You could also look parts up on some of the Nissan Websites using the VIN to compare.

·
Registered
2015 Xterra Pro-4X
1,821 Posts
so it seems some off-road edition ones did come with the electronic lock, some didn't. just have to get the would be sellers to take detailed photos of the interior before I take a hike to see said vehicle and purchase.
Current owners can look at the rear diff and if there is a electrical connector there it's the electrical locker that comes standard with a external connector. SA

·
Premium Member
2005 Nissan Xterra
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
found a winner today! 2007 Off-Road edition, trans slips but I'm not getting it for the trans. the X is in far better shape than mine so I'm considering just taking all my crap and putting it on that one. Plan to get it Monday, I'll post pics and update everyone.

·
Registered
2015 Xterra Pro-4X
1,821 Posts

·
Premium Member
2005 Nissan Xterra
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
2015 Xterra Pro-4X
1,821 Posts
Thanks! I actually went to visit it in person at lunch today (snuck away from work) and it was everything I needed, body is in better condition as well so I may take everything of my current X and put it on that one. would have to swap the trans again but tbd!
Sounds like you have the wind at your back now!

·
Registered
2004 Xterra XE 4WD Auto 3.3L NA V6
2,369 Posts
found a winner today! 2007 Off-Road edition, trans slips but I'm not getting it for the trans. the X is in far better shape than mine so I'm considering just taking all my crap and putting it on that one. Plan to get it Monday, I'll post pics and update everyone.
Thanks! I actually went to visit it in person at lunch today (snuck away from work) and it was everything I needed, body is in better condition as well so I may take everything of my current X and put it on that one. would have to swap the trans again but tbd!
Congrats! Can't wait to see pics of it side-by-side with your current rig. It's a rare opportunity for sure. :)

·
Premium Member
2005 Nissan Xterra
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It is that real nice dark grey, love the coloring. trying to find the colors on nissan website for the code. It looks like either K26 or AG64. Yes I will do side by side pics!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts