Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't even owned the Xterra for 24 hours yet, and I'm already looking at upgrades. Drivers seat has worn to the point that chunks of foam fall out of it all the time. There is also a faint odor in the car that smells like someone tried to clean up baby poo. Needless to say, I'm thinking of replacing all of the seat foam and covers. Has anyone else done this before, and where did you find the foam? Also, I'm thinking leather but not willing to shell out thousands. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
158 Posts
how much different are gen 1 seats compared to gen 2. are they close enough where a guy could bolt up some adapter plates to the slides and bolt em up?
I want some leather seats haha

·
Registered
18 Posts
I redid the seats in my Z32. you can get foam at a junk yard from any vehicle and cut it to the size you need, or you can get foam at hobby stores.

You can also get fabric at hobby stores. When you take off your old seat cloth keep it as a template to cut the new fabric. or buy some pre-cut molds and put them on your self.

·
Registered
73 Posts
What year is your xterra? If your craigslist is like mine, there are dozens being parted, why not find some nice stock seats, shampoo them (and the rest of your apparently stinky interior) install them and rock on?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Yep. Theres a bunch posted up parting out, are you near DFW?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Ah. I don't see much being parted up there. Might keep your eyes peeled, I've scored lots of used parts for my X there. Good Luck!

·
Registered
73 Posts
I'll start looking for you. A good place to maybe try is http://mazdanissanheaven.com/ Which is in fort worth, and specializes in parting Nissans. I don't know if they have leather. If you want cloth, I'll check the ones I know of. What interior pattern are yours?

·
Registered
382 Posts
i pulled my seats apart to add heating elements to them it was much eaiser then when i did that to the rear seats of my jetta.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sorry I neglected this post for a while. My X is '04. I'm in Eastern WA, and CL does not offer much. Any good parts cars are quickly bought up by big Portland wrecking stores. The only place I've seen good interiors is if you are willing to buy a totaled low-mileage X at auction.

Not to hijack my own post, but I would also be interested to see if anyone has found nice aftermarket dash trim. Almost everything I find online is the glue-on stuff that never looks quite right. I just want bolt-on plastic with a nice finish.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts