Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.. my new to me that my hubby bought last month is acting up! It's the 03 non supercharged,decided to change my air filter and now it's spitting and sputtering i have to put it in nuetral to keep engine revved not to mention chk engine light came on again after getting gas.(cleared it then when getting gas it happened again)i already replaced gas cap since dealer said that's probably the problem when he read code.when light came on it was still driving fine until I replaced the air filter. .new plugs were put in also.im thinking a sensor?? Any one with ideas?thx a bunch!

sent from AngelicOne and her new X;)

·
Registered
29 Posts
It's not an oiled air filter element is it? Oiled filters really shouldn't be used on a car with a maf. The oil can come off the filter and dirty the maf.
So like said above, get some maf cleaner and give it a cleaning.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Will try this today thx!! As far as the air filter goes it was a stp brand there wasn't any oil on the old one just alot of leaves,I did clean things with a cleaner maybe I got oil on it

·
Premium Member
8,519 Posts
That probable not what happen when you removed the old one you knocked some dirt off it and it got on the MAP which is right next to the filter. When ever you remove the filter you should shop vac the box and clean out with damp rag and dont let any dirt from old filter fall off.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes! That's probably what happened.as my other truck was simple and had no issues guess the xterra is a bit different.ill look up where it is and clean it up good hopefully this will do the trick.i already have to take to garage for a oil leak near the back drivers side and another by the top belt pulley..glad it's still under warranty! Thx guys!

·
Premium Member
8,519 Posts
Follow the directions on the can . You need to remove it take outside the sensor looks like piano wire about 3 in long you spray both side let air dry reinstall.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts