Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys! I know a lot of people here are into off roading and modifying their trucks to be able to drive over anything...but I'm curious what other toys everyone plays with or modifies?

I love playing around with just about anything with an engine...

My first/current car is a 1995 BMW 318ti which I moderately modified for autocross racing...That thing is LOW to the ground, but handles the corners like a go kart! Lowered it about 2.5 inches with racing suspension, upgraded stock suspension bars to the M3 "x-brace", has had a number of custom built intakes systems, some interior mods here and there, Dinan tuning engine chip, it is an automatic transmission though, but it has the Dinan auto transmission chip also which raises the computer controlled shift points for a bit more low end acceleration.

I also picked up two craigslist jet skis to play with. One is a 94 waverunner III which is beaten up and has been my rebuilding/tinkering toy to play with while fixing it up.

The other is a 95 Kawasaki 750...aftermarket racing exhaust, racing flame arrestor (like an air filter), and this thing IS FAST...allegedly hits up to 50 mph on the water according to previous owner...and I believe him...full throttle is SCARY on this thing!

:thumbsup-big:

·
Registered
71 Posts
nice ti i like those cars..

i have a few toys atm

my 04 z4
i just got it a few months ago, had to sell my 240 so no real mods right now trying to get it paid off first

my toy a 76 celica
ame wheels, louvers, jdm bananna lights, konis with custom springs

the restoration project 73 toyota celica
its still sitting in the body shop but i have a ton of stuff waiting for it including a 18rg swap

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
NICE Z4!!!

I actually worked at BMW plant Spartanburg for a year or so as an engineering intern while in school...never gets old seeing all those cars come through the factory!

those older celicas look pretty awesome! The shape just looks pretty cool to me...not sure exactly what about it though!

·
Registered
518 Posts
Here is my cousin and my project we have been putting together for years. Mostly a Show and Tell type but still another one of my pride and joys.

·
Registered
71 Posts
thanks man that sounds like it would have been a pretty cool intern job.
the celica's are nice but part of my wishes i would have kept my old volvo instead but maybe thats just because i havent got to drive the coupe yet lol.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alpine X....that Bimmer is sick! looks great man!

·
Registered
66 Posts

The Ford. 94 mark 3. Lots of goodies, but I have tryed to keep it as original as I can. Mark 3 is a fairly rare f-150. Love that roller motor though. Ignore the rebel flag I'm a reneck not a racist lol.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Lazyangler, My brother and I just picked up a "mark lll" as a project truck on the side/DD for him. What makes this truck so rare/better?

Side note: The rear power sliding glass does not work. Do you know how it operates before I tear into it?
Yeah I used to install them at Truckin Thunder in Stafford, VA. It uses a motor that turns a large screw pull open or push the glass close. Its very easy to either remove and repair or replace especially since its already wired up.

If you have anymore questions just check out this forum http://www.f150online.com/forums/index.php

·
Registered
66 Posts
I don't think much realy makes the truck rare other than the mark III package. Think of it like a copo camaro, anyone can put a big block in a camaro, but since it came from the factory like that, it is more desireable/rare. I don't know the whole story behind the mark III f-150's, but as far as I can tell they were only made 2 or 3 years in the 92-96 style. Not all were short wides, or flaresides, so I guess I have one of the rarest. Parts are imposible to find for the woodgrain interior, or they have been for me. I would love to see some pics of your brothers, if you get a chance. You can PM them to me.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Other Toys, Hell yes! I am in a constant state of mid-life crisis. Here are my other toys.

'05 Dyna Wide-Glide (& wife's '03 Fat Boy)
1976 Corvette Stingray (500+hp & ftlbs)
1970 Mustang Mach 1 (In the process of resoration, body is done)

Last pic is what it looks like when I move (My '03 GMC HD is the tow rig)

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
Other toys: I've had four wheelers, go-karts and motorcycles! I sold my Yamaha FZ6 last year. I currently have a '92 GT 5.0 with a few simple mods: shorty headers, off-road h-pipe, flowmasters, cold-air intake, underdrive pulleys, flex fan and a short-throw shifter. its ok for no more than whats done to it. I was planning on buying a Harley this year, but think I'm gonna stick to just building the X once school is paid off(6-8wks) and then when THATS done, build the Mustang to where I want it to be a corner carver for auto-x and possibly track days.

·
Registered
586 Posts
I've just recently gotten a 12' Mossimo 500? Weird name but here it is. Heck a lot of fun. Has a real locker and some awesome tires. Camo is the way to go!

Next I was given my 1928 Plymouth over two years ago from my grandfather. He said I was the only one in the family that is right in the head (long story). It ran about 4-5 years ago and I'm planning on getting it running soon. She has the I6

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Attachments

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Next I was given my 1928 Plymouth over two years ago from my grandfather. He said I was the only one in the family that is right in the head (long story). It ran about 4-5 years ago and I'm planning on getting it running soon. She has the I6
One hell of a gift. Should be fun to restore.

As for me, I have an affinity for military vehicles. My restoration link is in my signature.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Im pumped on getting it restored when time permits (not with school and college at the same time)
Also is that a Unimog you have? If so that's pretty friggin beast! My grandfather that gave me the Plymouth has 2 Willy's Jeeps that still run. One was the first vehicle I learned to drive a stick in

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
34 Posts
One hell of a gift. Should be fun to restore.

As for me, I have an affinity for military vehicles. My restoration link is in my signature.
Unimogs are awesome! the only vehicle id rather have would be an M135 Deuce or a MLVW. things will go ANYWHERE! and when theyre bobbed and dont look so much like a military truck, they look wicked!

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Unimogs are awesome! the only vehicle id rather have would be an M135 Deuce or a MLVW. things will go ANYWHERE! and when theyre bobbed and dont look so much like a military truck, they look wicked!
Yeah those bobbers are nice. I looked into getting one, but the mog was cheaper, and I can get it into a standard household garage.

My grandfather that gave me the Plymouth has 2 Willy's Jeeps that still run. One was the first vehicle I learned to drive a stick in
Knowing me, I would have taken the jeeps instead of the Plymouth. :D

1 - 20 of 58 Posts