Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help with my 02 Xterra. I believe the Anti-theft is stuck on and the starter is disabled. I do not have a fob and only one key. Is there a trick to disengage the anti-theft system?

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
I need some help with my 02 Xterra. I believe the Anti-theft is stuck on and the starter is disabled. I do not have a fob and only one key. Is there a trick to disengage the anti-theft system?
disconnect the battery, both terminals and away from the battery tape the 2 together with electrical tape to empty the stored charge in all the systems in the car this should reset the alarm system after leaving set for 6 or more hours

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
I had an issue with mine ... There is a relay under the driver dash (above left leg area) that failed. I created a jumper wire that basically tricked the module into thinking the anti theft was off all the time.

Unfortunately I don't remember which wires I jumped, I had to check the factory service manual for the schematic. You could replace that relay and it would probably work.

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
I had an issue with mine ... There is a relay under the driver dash (above left leg area) that failed. I created a jumper wire that basically tricked the module into thinking the anti theft was off all the time.

Unfortunately I don't remember which wires I jumped, I had to check the factory service manual for the schematic. You could replace that relay and it would probably work.
seen that work a few times as well

·
Registered
105 Posts
I believe the red light beside your steering column will stay illuminated if the anti theft is on, just something you may use to verify the condition

1 - 6 of 6 Posts