Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry to jump on someone else's thread. I also have a no start that I need some help diagnosing. 2004 Xterra 2.4L 4cyl.
Suddenly died on the road Wednesday, had towed to the house.

Here's what I know
1. Turns over ok: (starter ok)
2. Getting good spark on at least #1 cylinder: (assumed distributor/rotor/ignition to be ok, did not check 2,3,4 for spark)
3. I think I'm getting fuel: I can smell it on #1 cyl. with plug pulled to check spark, but I have not checked fuel pressure yet.

4. Injector test: all four passed with Noid test light. (could ECU still be bad? Firing injector at wrong time???) Don't really want to buy new ECU yet if I'm not sure that's it.

5. Both timing chains are intact, (I removed valve cover enough to verify both the crankshaft to idler chain was good and idler to dual-cam chain was good.)

No codes except a P1143 which is probably related to an O2 sensor but shouldn't keep it from running. I'm stumped.

Thoughts?
Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This engine is the ka24de:

additionally I also now know (from above):
point #2 - getting spark on all four cylinders, and just for good measure pulled the rotor cap to inspect. Cap and rotor appear ok (and are delivering spark)
point #3 - fuel pressure is good at the fuel rail, I can hear fuel pump run, so I believe the fuel pump relay is also ok, believe fuel system to be ok.
point #5 - my next step will be to pull the valve cover completely so that I can verify cam/valve action to make sure the timing is all ok.

This engine doesn't like me...any thoughts?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.