Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 xterra SE and all four of my all-season tires were just severely slashed and insurance is going to pay for new wheels I was wondering if anyone had some suggestions on some reliable good-looking wheels for my xterra thank you

·
Registered
250 Posts
that sucks man someone slashed my tires last year and my insurance wouldnt pay for it!!!.. deja i have been looking at those goodyear tires too they look bad ass dura trek i think is what ther called not sure?.. Dt8932 Welcome to CX sorrry about the tires! hope it all goes good!

·
Premium Member
8,196 Posts
sucks about the tires

i love the goodyear wrangler silent armor, its a fantastic tire, ill likely never get a diff tire for any daily driven truck i own, unless they quit making them

·
Registered
720 Posts
what should you get? security system...

·
Super Moderator
3,779 Posts
Shotgun!

·
Registered
598 Posts
a security system isnt going to stop someone from slashing your tires.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Neither is any kind of sidewall. Maybe you pissed somebody off?

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Dude, you need a trunk monkey...

And look at the BFG AT KOs. Everyone seems to like them and the price isn't outrageous.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Looks like you have some haters, nothing a 12 gage cant handle :D

Pro Comp has a buy 3 get 1 free offer now, those last a long time.

I personally like Dick Cepek, they are pricey but have great grip and wear.

Whatever you get, might as well get a bigger size, but more importantly make sure its a 3-ply sidewall. (not that itll prevent someone slashing your tires, they are good for the trail)

·
Registered
59 Posts
You need a dog. A big dog.
ProComp AT 265/75R16 come in load range E with heavy sidewalls.
Good luck in your search. Good luck with the vandalism.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Maxxis Bighorn

·
Registered
1,850 Posts

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
I'm not sure. I really like mine. They look good and i never slip or get stuck. I would recommend them for your first "upgrade" if you just have stock.

·
Registered
588 Posts
I'm not sure. I really like mine. They look good and i never slip or get stuck. I would recommend them for your first "upgrade" if you just have stock.
P4WOR reviewe the Maxxis Bighorn and said they were in the top three mud tires right now.

The other tires I was considering were the Truxxus M/T and the Pro Comp Xteme M/T. The truxxus is a 2-ply so its out of the question, and the pro comp is ridiculously expensive for 17" rims and the actual height is shorter than advertised.

I liked maxxis because actual height/width is greater than advertised and they have very aggressive side lugs.

Right now Im running 33x12.5 All Terrains but I am switching back to my 32" mud terrains this week. I think Im just going to put the MTs I have back on and just armor up until I need a new set of tires.

Thanks and cheers,

1 - 20 of 24 Posts