Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 X that was a light wreck, and both air bags are blown. I have the truck back together and looking good. I have been driving it for a couple weeks but I would like to get some bags back in it. I have found a set of bags locally and would like to know if I need the control module? I think it is under the console on my model. It this reusable once they have deployed?

Any other tips are appreciated for helping remove the bags and replace them. I know this can be a little dangerous if not addressed properly. I did see a post on the procedure for the dash light to reset. Thanks SR2

·
Administrator
8,519 Posts
replace the air diagnosis sensor unit ,the air bag mod ,crash zone detector ,and the seat belt pre tensioner assemblies.do not use a volt meter on any yellow wires ,do not cut ,splice or repair any yellow wires if damage replace new from dealer.when working on the system remove both battery cables and wait at least 5 min for system to discharge and never turn the ign key on.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So far I have the two bags, the Module and both seat belts. What is the air diagnosis sensor unit? Thanks for the other tips, I will post some pics when I do the swap.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a similar problem but the bolt that holds the airbag and cover in a security bolt. I called the local dealer and they said that the replacement airbag comes with a special socket and -- I can't ever get that socket without buying an airbag. I think that's a lie - can I get some help?

THAT CENTER IS RAISED ON THE BOLT --
airbag bolt.png

·
Registered
525 Posts
Those are security bolts for the airbag. They were typically sold as an accessory if I remember. We have a master key set for removing those much like wheel locks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts