Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:aufkopfhauen-big:
So I decided to hard-wire my radar detector, now my air bag light is blinking.
Here’s what I did, I removed (and unplugged) the dash trim where the emergency blinker, temp control and pass air bag light is located. When I reconnected the trim and started the vehicle my air bag light is blinking.
Any thoughts?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Nissan is dumb for doing this. If you unplug the pass airbag indicator, it detects a fault. All Nissans are like this.

Here's the reset.

1. Turn the key from off to on.

2. Watch the airbag light closely. It will stay on for a few secs. and then as soon as it blinks off (the start of the flashing), turn the key off instantly.

3. Count to 5 (1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi . . . .)

4. Repeat steps 1-3 two more times until you have done the cycle three times.

5. Now turn the key on and watch the light. It will start blinking in a different, slower manner. This is diagnostic mode. You can watch this for a little while, no hurry.

6. Now turn the key off again, Count to 5 like in step 3 again, and turn back on. If the procedure worked, the airbag light will not be flashing.

·
Registered
29 Posts
i do have an 04... it didnt work right away but this moring while drving the light went out for a lil while then started flashing again BUT my alt and brake light are on too so idk if its cuz my alt in bad AGAIN

·
Registered
403 Posts
mine is flashing as well. mine is an 04.... whats the deal? i did the steps as shown but it stays in diagnostic mode. mine is (1) long and (6) short.... help!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks!

This happened to me after installing my cb. I thought I must have loosened a wire somewhere so I've had this blinking light for months. Thanks for the simple fix! Made my day.

·
Registered
31 Posts
My 05 X started to do this one on me after I installed an in-dash NAVI (AVIC D3, but, upgrading to 930BT) Anyhoo, what I did before the "flashing" of the SRS light was detach the dash trim with the climate control and all that's on it. I was trying to look for the VSS lead wire for the NAVI install; but NO LUCK! So, I put the trim back on and there it was - - a blinking SRS light.
Sorry for the long and maybe unneeded story, but will this RESET work on an 05 X, anyone?
Don't yell at me, yet... I will do and try this and I might get my answer myself :D
"just wanna stay connected with you guys here on the club :p"
Cheers!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Took me some cursing and a trip back to the computer

...but it worked on my '05 X, too.

Just for the next guy: I have another trouble code present (EGR valve or something I haven't cleaned out yet) and that doesn't affect being able to clear the air bag light - that was one of my theories when it didn't work the first time.

Before the 2nd try I closed both the doors and made certain that I switched the key off right when the light went out (I might have allowed it to flash a time or two on the first attempt).

This happened to me while upgrading my aftermarket head unit. I get to do this again when my new Scosche mounting kit comes in as I've lived w/ this cheap looking universal one and its gaps long enough.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just had to replace the drivers side seat belt , and had got the Air Bag light . I did the reset and it worked great ! Thanks so much !!!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
THANKS ! this worked!!!!! AWESOME

Nissan is dumb for doing this. If you unplug the pass airbag indicator, it detects a fault. All Nissans

are like this.

Here's the reset.

2. Watch the airbag light closely. It will stay on for a few secs. and then as soon as it blinks off (the start of the flashing), turn the key off instantly.

5. Now turn the key on and watch the light. It will start blinking in a different, slower manner. This is diagnostic mode. You can watch this for a little while, no hurry.

6. Now turn the key off again, Count to 5 like in step 3 again, and turn back on. If the procedure worked, the airbag light will not be flashing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Nissan is dumb for doing this. If you unplug the pass airbag indicator, it detects a fault. All Nissans are like this.

Here's the reset.

That work very well! Thanks.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts